The Santa Rosa Kenpo Ohana is coming up fast!!!

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have an amazing line-up of some outstanding instructors, donating their time for totally worthy charitable organizations. Friday, September 18th, is the kick-off; likely see the largest turnout on Saturday the 19th, as that's the easiest travel day for people driving in from nearby areas.

There will be Kenpo, Kempo, Lua, Kajukenbo, and Jujutsu notables sharing their collective wisdom for one helluva great price. $99.00 gets you Friday PM, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning mat training with some great teachers. Another 26 bucks gets you the PM luau/Hawaiian BBQ on Saturday night after training (125.00).

In addition to the esteemed presenters, we have several special guests invited, who are always a kick to speak with about kenpo and martial arts history in California & Hawaii back in the early days. GM's Ming Lum, Al Novak, and Ralph Castro are expected to join us for the day on Saturday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

There will be photo ops with some of these legends, with the proceeds going to the ywca battered womens shelter in Sonoma County, and to the regional RFKC chapter. T-shirt orders will be taken, also with anything above cost going into the kitty for the beneficiaries of the event. For attendants, we will be providing Thank You certificates of attendance with the names of the presenters on it -- make Mr. LaBounty nauseous, and chase him down for an autograph on your own copy.

The economy blows for all of us, making finding some way of supporting these organizations even more vital. I read today online how shelters for abused women and children are being shut down state-wide in California as a result of the economic and budgetary crunches. If you can make it to the Ohana, please come -- we would love to have you. If you can't, you can make a donation online at www.kenpo-ohana.com via paypal, or directly to the ywca and rfkc at their websites:
www.ywca.org
www.rfkc.org

A thousand people sending one dollar -- or a hundred people sending 10 -- makes a thousand dollars, and that can radically shift the lives of abused women and children who cannot fight for themselves, by paying for services provided by the workers in these groups, and by directly paying for many of the materials that go into serving this population.

Monday, September 21st rolls around. You can look back over your weekend and recall how you spent it catching up on appointment T.V., or working on the lawn. Or you can look back on a great dose of kenpo training, knowing that you not only got a great fix with some of the best names in the field, but also made an impact in the life of a woman fleeing an abusive prick of a husband or boyfriend, or provided a week of healing, positive input in the life of a child who may have never heard simple words of caring or support in their short little lives.

Come play, and make a difference.

Regards,

Dave Crouch, DC
flyer and registration forms at www.kenpo-ohana.com

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
would LOVE to go, practically crying right now, that i can't.
Sorry!
If there are videos, please post them!

OP
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
would LOVE to go, practically crying right now, that i can't.
Sorry!
If there are videos, please post them!

With the permission of the presenting professors, I am hoping to have roughly 5 minutes of each guy doing their thing, then compiling these 5 minute excerpts into a dvd which people can buy, with the proceeds going to the benefit charities.

This would serve many functions, including showing people who purchase the thing what they missed, so they make sure to be there for the next one. Additionally, it would provide a small stream of additional support for RFKC camps and YWCA shelters. Might not be much, but buckets can be filled one drop at a time.

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
With the permission of the presenting professors, I am hoping to have roughly 5 minutes of each guy doing their thing, then compiling these 5 minute excerpts into a dvd which people can buy, with the proceeds going to the benefit charities.

This would serve many functions, including showing people who purchase the thing what they missed, so they make sure to be there for the next one. Additionally, it would provide a small stream of additional support for RFKC camps and YWCA shelters. Might not be much, but buckets can be filled one drop at a time.

once you find out, please pm me!
I thank you for your time!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Strongly recomend going to this Luau/Hawaiian BBQ!

If you never been to a luau? ....this is a good place to start! Kalua Pig...so ono! Hawaiian foods ....worth going too..

Most likely they will have Live Hula dancers too....

Aloha, ...luau's .....and it OK to eat with the hands...Hawaiian style

PS: At Luau parties at home....the "old Hawaiian saying" " NO eat till you full.... eat till you tired!"