The REAL Fist of the North Star?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many of y'all who are familiar with Japanese Animation know of the (fictitious) assassination art of "Hokuto Shinken" used by the anime hero, Kenshiro / Ken in "Fist of the North Star."

[yt]3ebC8EVe1JQ[/yt]

Interstingly enough, there is now a fellow who has created his own art of "Hokuto Shinken"

http://hokutoshinken.com/

Hmm, perhaps the ultimate art?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing can beat Sinanju. Nothing.

Anyway, the argument is that the fictional 'hokuto shinken' was based on legends of an actual art of the same name. I find that doubtful. But I am sure there are plenty of kids who will buy into the idea.

:BSmeter:

OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am curious, though, as to what the "Alpha 66 Paramilitary Team" was?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am curious, though, as to what the "Alpha 66 Paramilitary Team" was?

That is real. But I have very serious doubts that said person is a member of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_66

Considering that at least one of the persons involved in this interesting 'art' is a former Miami police officer who was involved in a fatal shooting in 2004, I do not doubt that person is aware of the existence of this group.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our old friend Soke Calkins is affiliated with them. Use the search here if you're too young to understand. :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our old friend Soke Calkins is affiliated with them. Use the search here if you're too young to understand. :D

I'm going to search just to have the thrill of being too young for something! Happens so rarely these days lol!

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I got a virus from visiting one of the links on his site DLMA so be careful searching on his site.

I don't get it why would you go through all the trouble getting a domain for your art put alot of time into creating the web page to sound like Mortal Kombat
then say "well I do not have time to really train people."

I don't understand all this talk about Ninjutsu yet he does not appear to have trained in it or list his teacher in it.

He calls his art an assassination art yet the arts he practices are not known as that thus his concept of training like an assassin without the tools to train as an assassin like I don't know actually killing people seems problematic.

He should just call his art Ansatsuken 暗殺拳 meaning assassin fist not Hokuto Shinken.

Latest Discussions