The movie 'War'....

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok I just got done watching the movie War with Jet Li and I am seriously confused about the ending. I am str8 lost. Can someone please help me explain the ending?

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh of course....

Trust me....don't waste ya time on the movie.

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
oh of course....

Trust me....don't waste ya time on the movie.

I agree entirely with this statement. I saw this movie the weekend it came out with great anticipation, and honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. I had to come home and watch the first 3 Once Upon a Time in China just to save Jet Li some respect and credability in my eyes.

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!! If you haven't see WAR and intend to, please read no further

OK, I will try to explain what happened at the end. Jason Stratham's partner ( I forget the character's name) kills "Rouge" during the attack on his family. In order to find out who set him up in the first place he fakes his own death and takes on the identity of "Rouge", He has a plastic surgeon to give him a new face and voice so now he is Jet Li. It turns out that his partner, Jasom Stratham had been the informant all along. Stratham has been pursuing the assassin a way of doing penance for his involvment in the crime.
At the end Jet Li reveals his true identity and Stratham takes a bullet for him, dying in the process.
I hope that helps

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

What I didn't understand, and what I know some others didn't understand was: did they ever explain why Statham's character began working for the bad guys? I mean granted by this part of the movie all I could think about was going home, but, I did my best to pay attention.

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
They sort of explain it. Early on Statham's charcteris having a covnersation with his wife and he alludes to all the sacrifices he has made to provide for her and their son. I took this to mean the informing he has done. And I agree with everyone else, it wasn't a good movie. I expected better.
Brian Jones

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What I didn't understand, and what I know some others didn't understand was: did they ever explain why Statham's character began working for the bad guys?

It would have been nice if they was more clear about it.
Yea that part would have helped a WHOLE lot.

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well from what I've ready and understood, this movie is supposed to be the first in a trilogy. Now, the movie didn't do all that well rating or money wise, so I'm not sure whether or not they'll even bother pursuing the sequels or not. But what I'm wondering is if they intentionally left certain question marks ie. Statham's betrayal to explore in the sequels. Unless I get a huge apology for the first one I wouldn't be going to see the second or third one...