Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am too. Vacation's over, back to school in the am again. Vacation stinks when you still have to work every night.

Oy, I can believe that.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alas I have none of these, though it does sound like quite a cocktail to be sure. Though I doubt it would help. When I get like this not even scrip sleep aids help.

Ah, sorry. I do think that Valerian root (3 capsules) sometimes helps people sleep during times like these more effectively than actuall sleeping pills. It doesn't make you tired, it just quiets down your mind enough to allow stuff like melatonin to work.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll definately give it a try, cuz this isnt any fun. When this happens it usually lasts anywhere from a week to a couple months.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll definately give it a try, cuz this isnt any fun. When this happens it usually lasts anywhere from a week to a couple months.

Make sure you get it either at Target or Wal-Mart (about $3.49 for a bottle of a hundred). The grocery store's and, suprisingly drugstore's as well, brands don't pack near the punch - even at a much higher price. Target's is the best (even better, IMO, than the Elliott's stuff that costs more than twice as much). Don't even think of Rite-Aid - IMO, their Valerian root simply doesn't do anything for me.

Again, it won't make you tired, just more able to relax well enough to sleep. Take it, IMO, BEFORE a sleep aid and make sure you can feel the effects of it before taking a sleeping pill. Disclaimer; I am NOT a doctor!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If you have racing thoughts that are preventing you from getting sleep. try coffee cruda from a health food store. It's literally...green coffee.

In microdoses it produces a paradoxical reaction to what you expect from coffee...it can help calm the mind and relax you. :)

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Johnathan and Carol, I greatly appreciate it.

I tried to rep both of you, but I must spread the love before hitting you again Jonhathan.

Now that I have some new strategies to try to sleep, I may as well make the most of this night and try figure some other things out tonight. :disgust: Things have been relatively simple as of late and now I done screwed that all up.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hang in there. And remember...whatever it is your facing...is temporary :)

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hang in there. And remember...whatever it is your facing...is temporary :)

Indeed it is. I just have a real hang up when it involves another person. If it screws me up thats okay, it becomes the mess in which I have to live, but it's unfair to do that to another.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed it is. I just have a real hang up when it involves another person. If it screws me up thats okay, it becomes the mess in which I have to live, but it's unfair to do that to another.

It happens. Part of interacting with other human beings. :lol:

Well...until the world is perfect, I hope things work out as best as they can. :cheers:

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It happens. Part of interacting with other human beings. :lol:

Well...until the world is perfect, I hope things work out as best as they can. :cheers:

To be honest I'm probably making a big production out of what is probably nothing, but never the less... I dunno

I doubt the other person has a clue as to the moral delimma I've managed to skewer myself with. In fact I'm fairly certain she doesn't.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And in the quiet of this morning I claim this thread as my own. Sleep is for the weak (or those who arent insane)

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Still here huh? Wow and here I thought I was the only one about.

How goes it Hand Sword?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
May it stay quiet till the end of you shift, and all the headaches be placed upon the next shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.