The honor of being a crash test dummy.. .

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Last night was the preliminary testing for my father's and one of my instructor's 6th dan tests. I have the honor of being their partner/attacker for both of their self defense portions of their test, and I have been getting thrown, flipped, kicked, taken down, etc. ALOT lately! This Saturday is the final part of their test in front of our KJN, and i wish them all the luck in the world, as it has been 25 and 30 years, respectively, in the making.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
With all the talk about junior/senior relationships recently, your post is another reminder about one of the inherent responsibilities of the younger person... to be a crash test dummy!

Congrats to your father and your instructor.

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
With all the talk about junior/senior relationships recently, your post is another reminder about one of the inherent responsibilities of the younger person... to be a crash test dummy!

Congrats to your father and your instructor.

Yeah, I've filled that role for the past 15 years.. . At 6'2", I gotta say it was alot easier 15 years ago when I was 150 lbs. vs. now when i'm 210 lbs.. . The adage is true, the bigger you are, the harder you fall, haha!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to your father, your instructor.....& you for getting back up!

You must have a good chiropractor :)