Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Hideaway

hideaway09.jpg

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very nice, very cool blade. Very easy to conceal. Just one question for you Phil...
This is easily one of the best neck knives I've owned in a long time. As a semi-custom blade it obviously isn't cheap, but it's a well-designed, well-executed piece whose elegant form follows its ruthless function. I strongly encourage you to explore the Hideaway option if you're in need of a neck knife for concealed carry and self-defense.

When you contact FS, tell her The Martialist recommended her.

If I contact FS and say that you sent me... what do you get out of it? heh heh :ultracool

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I get evidence of The Martialist's influence on the habits of consumers in the martial arts industry. :)

S

Spud

Looks like a very functional and innovative knife, but the price is a little rich for my tastes. Otherwise yowsa!

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When my Hideaway arrived I opened the package at my local mail drop service, where the staff knows me very well and handles the extraordinary volume of post I receive as publisher of The Martialist.* One friendly lady watched as I removed the knife from its packaging.

"What's that?" she asked.

"A self-defense knife.* You wear it around your neck," I told her.

"That tiny thing?* What could that do?"

I am very shy of being involved in the legal system after a violent situation. As such, the above is precisely what I want to hear.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw an ad for these recently and thought it would be great to get one. Now I just have to come up with the money.

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
Excellent knife design I think, and very similar to what a bladesmith associate and I have been playing with. Ours seems to be a hybrid of this knife and the Spyderco SPOT.

S

Stick Dummy

Hey Phil,

I can't link to the article, could you put up a couple images on this thread??

Purdy Please...........

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How come you can't link to the article? Work security filter stop it from coming through?

hideaway03.jpg

hideaway11.jpg

hideaway01.jpg

S

Stick Dummy

SCHWEET!

a Carabiner karambit..........!

just kidding.

Lotsa potential there!

T

tmanifold

FrontSight has come up with a great concept and the companion video by "SouthNarc" should be very good. I haven't seen that video but his work is quite good. The other great thing about the hideaway is that many of the top knife makers have collaborated with her to make dozens of variations.

Tony