the first form

J

joe prescott

ive just learned the first form and was wondering if anyone can explain how certain parts work like elbow power training and power release and retreat

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it might be better if you get the explanation from your instructor. He should be in a better position to explain and demonstrate hands-on, rather than people trying to describe things over the internet without the ability to demonstrate.

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
True, we cannot outline or demonstrate anything for you so discussion in this context would be a wasted excerscise. One of my first post ont the forum was on the SLT, if you are interested do a search under my profile, and find my first post

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
joe prescott said:
ive just learned the first form and was wondering if anyone can explain how certain parts work like elbow power training and power release and retreat

That comes later in lap Sao and Chi Sao. The most important thing is to execute the form as your sifu guides you in, and remember that each move you execute is a dangerous and important move, so concentrate in each one while watching the stance which is extremely important.

Latest Discussions