the dasrk knight

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
ias anybody going to see the new BATMAN movie? I am going to see it on saturday it looks awsome! I can't wait HEATH LEDGER is going to be great as THE JOKER

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
We'd love to go to a midnight showing, but my work schedule requires me to be up at 5 a.m...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sooner or later, Batman Superman, X-men, Transformers when is it going to be something new, not keep doing the same story lines over and over again. Give me a new characture and a new way of saving Gotham. Same old same old with some high tech. displays.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh just for the recordhere is how it will go in my eyes. Tell me if I am right. Batman falls in love, joker goes nutts and starts to kill people and try to destroy Gotham, Batman comes to the recues and save it from final doom. OPK a few special effects for the movie to seem better than it was.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anybody here besides me ever read the graphic novel and its sequel, The Dark Knight Returns?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody here besides me ever read the graphic novel and its sequel, The Dark Knight Returns?
Never read the sequel...

I've read Dark Knight Returns many times... In fact, I almost picked it up again a few days ago!

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh just for the recordhere is how it will go in my eyes. Tell me if I am right. Batman falls in love, joker goes nutts and starts to kill people and try to destroy Gotham, Batman comes to the recues and save it from final doom. OPK a few special effects for the movie to seem better than it was.

Well sure, you could reduce the plots of most action films to that formula: hero falls in love, villain goes nuts and tries to destroy town/city/world, hero comes to rescue.

What will (or won't) make this one stand out is how the actors flesh out and add to the well-established characters. By all early reports the actors here are all brilliant. Hence, this film will likely be above average at least.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
And, I imagine, this is the movie where we will see him make the bat cave under his house into The Bat Cave.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu

I own the Dark Knight Returns. Wonderful stuff.

And i saw a special on one of the history channels last night about the Batman and how the other characters all relate to him and such.

And I got to see a few snippets from the new film that aren't in the trailers which tells me Ledger's Joker is dead bang on:

Those of you familiar with the relationship between the Batman and the Joker will know what I mean when I nodded in approval when Joker made a comment to the effect of " I don't WANNA kill you! What would I do WITHOUT you?"

Two sides of the same coin, ultimate rival, greatest opponent and all the rest.........

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i seen the movie at midnight in Imax they had it in 15 shows at the one i was at only 4 imax but still everyone sold out. i liked it and when i go on a few dates this month will be taking each lady to see it with me.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I own the Dark Knight Returns. Wonderful stuff.

And i saw a special on one of the history channels last night about the Batman and how the other characters all relate to him and such.

And I got to see a few snippets from the new film that aren't in the trailers which tells me Ledger's Joker is dead bang on:

Those of you familiar with the relationship between the Batman and the Joker will know what I mean when I nodded in approval when Joker made a comment to the effect of " I don't WANNA kill you! What would I do WITHOUT you?"

Two sides of the same coin, ultimate rival, greatest opponent and all the rest.........
I missed that psychology of batman on the history channel... hope they'll re-run it... d'oh... what am I saying of course they will. I meant... I hope I'll catch it next time it's on.

The Batman/Joker relationship is definitely one for the books. Funny how the previews are showing the scene of the Joker talking to the rest of the heads of crime saying "...it's simple, Kill the batman." But he has that other contradictory statement in there as well. That makes for good screen writing. To spin the wheels of the audiences as they watch.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, they played the mystery of the Joker well. I was afraid we'd get a simplistic back-story on him.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hrmph! No Bat Cave this time around.

Guess I need to wait a couple o' years for that ...

OP
hong kong fooey

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw the movie and it was great!!! I want to see it again the thing I liked the most is that it was not like your typical super hero movie. this was more of a crime drama then anything else. and Heath Ledger was increadable and played the Joker to the tee