The Bast@&D Son of WING CHUN has returned...

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No lineage, No Sifu....No Problem!

Questions, comments or insults are welcome!

SLT drills 1

SLT drills 2

SLT drills 3

Since you said "Questions, comments or insults are welcome!"

So here we go ...

Granted what is been presented are training drills, but if we were to follow the maxim "Train the way you had to fight, or you will fight the way you've been trained".

I could very well be mistaken, just MHO, the pak sao in drill 1 had more of an semi circle parry element (also too close to the wrist), gives rise to a chance of an redirected attack due to lack of checking/control of the arm ... counter attack such as the second half of the lop sao technique. Should it not be an forward driving pak to the arm and angles toward their center? Imparting your forward momentum/force on the attacking limb, redirecting the attack and providing you a temporary pin/trap across their body for quick counters. When time and done right, it disrupts their balance/structure caused by the turning of their upper torso enough that they scramble to recover in order to address you counter attack.

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score

No lineage, no Sifu, no problem = Not Wing Chun, period.

The drills have some semblance to Wing Chun, but missing a lot of things. You wouldn't by chance be training with coffeerox, or following his idea of instruction . . . . . . . . ONLINE Training?

No wait, I got it. You were hiding outside a Wing Chun school's closed window (like Chan Wah Shun) watching sifu teach class but couldn't hear what he said. So you copied the movements as best you could trying to learn Wing Chun.

You should have paid a few dollars to join the class and get the real thing.

Last edited:

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like two beginner participants attempting to work drills they may have seen or were introduced to but don't really know what or how to do them.

From what is shown in these videos, If this is an instructor: hmm!

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

Those look like basic drills done at basic levels.

They can be evolved to higher levels.

Not enough for me to formulate any kind of opinion though.

Hope that helps.

Juan Mercado

P.S. Basic drills never really impress anyone. One time, a guy came to my school, and we were doing very basic drills. He left with the opinion that we didn't know sheet.

Had he come at another stage of practice, then it would've been a different matter...

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
they shouldn't be slapping the wrist to the side when doing the pak sao drill.
The pak should be going forward towards the centre and make contact further up the arm. Doing it properly doesn't just teach you hand eye co-ordination, like everything else in wing chun, it comes down to structure and relaxation. if you pak to the centre and you're tense you find yourself getting knocked about by the returning energy. Relax and the pak should affect your partners structure instead. The ammount of tension in your partners punch will directly correlate to how much you effect his structure with your pak, so this drill is good for teaching relaxation for both sides.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Different in all lineage and not flaming, but 'Wu sau' drill shows no wu sau and the 'Lop sau' drill shows no sticky.

l_uk3y

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't like to walk negatively about other peoples styles or clubs. However the techniques here seem to be more resembling WC then actual Wing Chun.

I.e I am seeing the techniques. But i'm not seeing the structure holding them together.

Luke

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chris, didn't you post here frequently a while back? Anyway, how about a little background as to where you are coming from and what you are trying to do with this material.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings.

Those look like basic drills done at basic levels.

They can be evolved to higher levels.

Not enough for me to formulate any kind of opinion though.

Hope that helps.

Juan Mercado

P.S. Basic drills never really impress anyone. One time, a guy came to my school, and we were doing very basic drills. He left with the opinion that we didn't know sheet.

Had he come at another stage of practice, then it would've been a different matter...

This is true and drills have to be introduced to a beginner at a level they can relate to it. I just have trouble believing a person would purposely go through the trouble of filming and posting a drill that violated all kinds of Wing Chun principles and concepts. It is more likly in my mind that they believed it to be something it was not.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
CWK - Thanks for your additional post about the forward driving pak toward the center, for we both seen the same flaws ... possible we may think alike.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No lineage, no Sifu, no problem = Not Wing Chun, period.

The drills have some semblance to Wing Chun, but missing a lot of things. You wouldn't by chance be training with coffeerox, or following his idea of instruction . . . . . . . . ONLINE Training?

No wait, I got it. You were hiding outside a Wing Chun school's closed window (like Chan Wah Shun) watching sifu teach class but couldn't hear what he said. So you copied the movements as best you could trying to learn Wing Chun.

You should have paid a few dollars to join the class and get the real thing.

Do we rally need to go there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is2B76uRVj8

However he did say insults are welcome, but to go so far as to equate him to Coffeerox is a bit much IMHO.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
WTXS, I agree with your last comment. My impression is that Graychuan does actually have a WC background and is genuinely interested in feedback. Also, I can't help but wonder if you come from a WT branch, judging both from your "user-name" and your discussion of pak-sau... sounding very much like the compact, forward-thrusting pak-sau used in WT "lat-sau" drills.

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Chris, didn't you post here frequently a while back? Anyway, how about a little background as to where you are coming from and what you are trying to do with this material.

i think this is the way this thread should go forward!
so mr graychuan answer this for us please.

i used to like the threads u used to post up. i enjoyed sifu rahams vids... are you still associated there?
etc etc
matsu

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
WTXS, I agree with your last comment. My impression is that Graychuan does actually have a WC background and is genuinely interested in feedback. Also, I can't help but wonder if you come from a WT branch, judging both from your "user-name" and your discussion of pak-sau... sounding very much like the compact, forward-thrusting pak-sau used in WT "lat-sau" drills.

You're right about Graychuan, he listed WC in his profile.

My user name is actually the letters of the company which I work for out here in west Texas.

I have no claims or ties to any WC branch/lineage, pick up WC and some snake style while I was stationed in the Phillipines back in early 70"s. On occasions during my air force career I happened across a few chunners. Currently I'm still training and sharing what I know with an small martial group here ... have folks trained in Tai Chi, Baugwa, JKD, Karate, Escrima and so on.

As penned by Graychun, you can say I"m or could be an bastard son of WC. And I'm also guilty of being an self trainner.:lol:

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Oh sure, go ahead and flame me for teasing him. (J/K) He asked for it.

OK Zepe ... I'll forgive you this time :mst:. Now give me one thousand chain punches with alternating shuffles steps!:whip1::whip1:

And Keep those elbows in!:whip1::whip1:

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK Zepe ... I'll forgive you this time :mst:. Now give me one thousand chain punches with alternating shuffles steps!:whip1::whip1:

And Keep those elbows in!:whip1::whip1:

Oh man, piece of cake. I can do that in my sleep. Make it a little more difficult, okay?

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score

Geezer, Graychuan is from the Lousville Wing Chun under Sifu Ali Rahim of the Woo Fai Chang Wing Chun branch. I have seen many of their videos and would personally LOVE to train there if I was local to them. Sifu Rahim is from Detroit, MI. That is the last i knew of Graychuan unless something had changed in his Martial Talk hiatus.

Graychuan has contributed more to this forum than many questioning him here IMVHO. Not an insult to those, just an FYI. ;)

Latest Discussions