The Arnold Fitness and Martial Arts Expo

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone else go to this years show? If so what was your opinion of it? HAve you been in the past? How did you compare it?

My opinion of this years event:

Well, let me see where to begin; Did I enjoy it? I think as far as the martial art part went, it pretty much "BLEW"!!! It was a horrible experience, not nearly enough competition.. It was 2to3 times smaller then the previous years. Im not sure if it was due to the UFC 82 being in town that night that drew from it all or what? What I did notice was the vendors were very limited compared to years past! Those competing was very limited as well as the skill level that I seen there. The middle of the day demo's, and show was completly NOT THERE!!! I talked w/ Cynthia Rothrock via the internet she said they stopped inviting her and the other celebs that are usually frequent there ie. Don Wilson, Bill Wallace, and others due to they didn't want to pay for them and thier trip etc.. Is Arnold or the city of Columbus going broke or what? It was a really bad show.

I spent nearly most of my time which consisted of exactly 3 hours in the fitness side. They spared no expense on that part I'll admit. It was 3/4 fitness promoted and 1/4 martial arts promoted.

I think Dana White really put a short stop on the Arnold Classic by bringing the UFC in town at the same weekend.

It was so bad, I don't think I'll ever go back! It was just a gigantic CLUSTER of a mess. Very unorganized is what I saw.

ANYONE ELSE feel the same way as me that went?

speak up..maybe i missed something.. as i said after all I was only there for 3 hours.. I usually spend all day if not 2 days enjoying the show...this year I was pissed I drove almost 3 hours for it...

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I don't know anything about the event or ever heard of it b/c I'm currently stationed in Korea and I'm from TN. But with the way the economy is going now, that could have been a big reason too along with the UFC 82. I mean, if more companies this year are not accepting gift cards that have already been paid for, then something is wrong....Just my $.02

OP
kailat

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Right, I mean I can somewhat agree with that. But let's face it, this is one of the largest events in the Midwest for this type of thing. I don't know who funds it, or whatnot.

FYI this is the event.. its held in Columbus, OH every year around the same time.. I've been going since 2002 or 03 somewhere around there. And i've seen it just get worse every year it seems.

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/ I was just looking for the overall experience others that may of went had. If it was simular to mine and the thoughts as well.. it's just a shame it has gotten the way it has.

Latest Discussions