The Amazing James Hydrick...debunked.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody on M.T. has posted this before, but I thought I'd cover it, just in case.

James Hydrick, kung fu "expert" and possessor of psychic powers, gets nailed by James Randi on "What's My Line."

This is so embarrassing.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I have never seen that before. Thanks. That was rather ammusing. James Hydrick, founder of Shaolin Ace-of-Spades Kung Fu. Hah.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Holy crap! The red neck factor totally went off the charts when I saw this guys hair cut.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmm.. after seeing this I`ll be sure to always carry a few pieces on foam on my peson. The static will make me immune to psychic attacks. Muhaha!

Didn`t the infamous Soke Calkins also try to show off with that silly pencil trick btw?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you think that's bad, you should check his site now....

I feel sorry for these people.... they sooooooo much want the status of a martial arts grandmaster..... the showy patches, the power councils, the grand certificates, the puff titles....... that's actually what they they think MA is all about.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And despite being debunked right and left, he still later made the cover of Inside Kung Fu. As a Kenpo blue belt, no less. Hard to laugh and sigh at the same time...

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is weird, but I just looked over at wiki and they seem to have deleted any references to his crimes with the excuse that there are no valid links to proof of them. Check it out for yourself. As I said, weird.

I guess his presently being in a California state prison, and registered with the California Department of Justice as a sex offender is not good enough proof for Wiki. I've added a edit with the "California Megans Law" link as reference. Hopefully that's good enough for Wiki.