Thank you Randy Couture

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An amazing representative of the sport says goodbye. He will be truly missed and it will take a long time to fill his shoes, if ever they can be.

Saturday night saw grown men with tears in their eyes. Yet after Randy Couture announced his retirement and ended an era in mixed martial arts history after a TKO loss to UFC light heavyweight champ Chuck Liddell, it was the legendary two-division champion who made everyone else feel better in his locker room after his final bout.

That act alone encapsulated the man, who - with grace, class, and good humor - brought respect to a fledgling sport. And once MMA hit the mainstream, it was Couture who acted as the sport’s elder statesman, a person who could not only compete at the highest levels of the game, but one who tirelessly promoted the sport and always did it with a smile.

FULL STORY

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm no MMA guy; but, Randy was inspirational to me, nonetheless. I wish him the best.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, he is a real class act....sorry to see him go, but glad he's decided to go out now before his career started to sink.

7sm

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hate to see him go, he made the "over 40" guys, like myself, want to push our limits to the edge. Thanks Randy.

Pax
Cujo

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I will truly miss Randy Couture. I don't think he will be gone forever
we will see him again doing something, may be commentating or as a Ref?

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ace said:
I will truly miss Randy Couture. I don't think he will be gone forever
we will see him again doing something, may be commentating or as a Ref?

Maybe he can replace Joe Rogan and then the commentating can be right for once :D

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Maybe he can replace Joe Rogan and then the commentating can be right for once :D

I'd like that too. Randy Couture was an inspiration to me as well, and a real class act, but you know what if that was your retirement match who better to fight against than another class act such as Chuck Liddell.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with all, the guy is a Class Act and I hate to see him go.
Great ambassador for the sport.

Latest Discussions