Thank you, Mr. Bill Parsons!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had an absolutely GREAT Thanksgiving this year. I had a potluck dinner with 17 of my closest relatives (!!), got caught up on everything my family is doing including my nephew in college and my niece in the National Guard, and...I had an absolutely FANTASTIC time working out with Mr. Bill Parsons and his class at Triangle Kenpo Institute in Raleigh, NC.

We worked on some perception drills, the class did some rolls. I tried a few rolls myself but I think they looked more like flops. :D I had a chance to see his stuents performing their Master Form, and even got a chance to try my hand at an IKCA tech, Returning Serpent.

The class was a bit of a challenge, its been awhile since I was in a Kenpo school and it soon became really apparent to me that sometime over the past year I made the transition from being a clumsy Kenpoist to being a clumsy FMAist :eek: However, everyone seemed to take my stumblings in stride.

My mom also came along to watch, she is 74 and was seeing a martial arts class for the first time. She really enjoyed watching everyone work out and (to my pleasant surprise) didn't freak out at everyone hittin' each other. She commented several times over the weekend about what a good group it was, and how nice everyone was.

Nice, yes, and the can kick some butt, too ;)

Mr. Parsons, thank you SO much for your generous hospitatlity. Can't wait to come back for Kenpo in the Carolinas in April!

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, Carol. It was our privilege to have you. I'm glad you got something out of your visit. (Sorry I had to rush out after class and get to my day job.) Please remember to give my respects to your instructor.

We look forward to seeing you at Kenpo in the Carolinas 2008 in April. Know that the door is always open!

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

Latest Discussions