Texas TKD Athlete wins Gold @ JR Worlds.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Male -45kg Jr Division

1. Carlos Navarro Valdez - Mexico
2. Solimani Mohammad - Iran
3. Kazakov Dmitry - Russia
3. Ibrahim Pak - Turkey

Carlos trains with Master Tubbs @ GT Sport TKD. He is a great kid who comes from a great family. I first saw him @ 10. You could tell then that he was a World Class fighter. He is one of three from the US that are on Mexican National Team. Gus and Damian Villa are on the SR National team and Carlos is on the Junior Team. Mexico is putting together a great TKD program which really supports the athlete.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes he is a great fighter and has been very productive for GT sport. The Mexicao team is doing a fine job with finding talented students that are being trained by great instructors here in the states.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Funny thing is that these guys were brought up under someone in the US but constantly got snubbed by the US because of favoritism towards other competitors. There are quite a few US raised competitors that were forced to compete for other countries because of this. Peter Lopez, Damian, Gus, and a few others that I can't remember the names of but do know that they now represent other countries.

What is USAT doing wrong that these good fighters are leaving and winning againts USAT instead of winning for USAT?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny thing is that these guys were brought up under someone in the US but constantly got snubbed by the US because of favoritism towards other competitors. There are quite a few US raised competitors that were forced to compete for other countries because of this. Peter Lopez, Damian, Gus, and a few others that I can't remember the names of but do know that they now represent other countries.

What is USAT doing wrong that these good fighters are leaving and winning againts USAT instead of winning for USAT?

You already know that answer and this is not the thread for it, but I will answer anyway because they only care about hose two individual and what they say is the God word.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes Terry we all know the answer. My point is that why does not USAT see that these guys are good and were good, because now they are beating the USAT best.

It is one thing for USAT to say "hey the guys we picked are best", but when the ones you don't pick leave and compete against your so called best picked people and beat them, then USAT must see their flaws for what they are.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Terry we all know the answer. My point is that why does not USAT see that these guys are good and were good, because now they are beating the USAT best.

It is one thing for USAT to say "hey the guys we picked are best", but when the ones you don't pick leave and compete against your so called best picked people and beat them, then USAT must see their flaws for what they are.

Because David cannot and will not ever admit he was wrong about anything. He has put all his egg into what he believes to be the best possible solution for USAT just like someone did for USTU a few years back.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good for Carlos. Its nice that he has that option, cause so many others don't.

I have seen time and time again where the best fighter didn't win, because they weren't the "known" fighter.... but anyway....

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes he is a great fighter and has been very productive for GT sport. The Mexicao team is doing a fine job with finding talented students that are being trained by great instructors here in the states.

I lived in TX for 7 years.... They always brought tough good fightters to the events... You knew you were going to watch a good fight if they were competing.

Latest Discussions