Texas Dad Beats His Daughter’s Molester to Death

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a father of a 5 year old girl. I can't say I would never do this as just the thought pretty much makes me crazy.

A Texas father
beat a man to death
after catching him molesting his four-year-old daughter in a horse barn, The Houston Chronicle reports. The incident happened Saturday evening near Shiner, Texas.
Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon identified the victim as a 47-year-old man from Gonzales, Texas. He was reported dead at the scene, however, his name will not be released until his next of kin is notified.Harmon said the father and daughter were with several other people at the family’s barn to groom and tend to the horses. It isn’t clear whether or not the father knew the victim well or at all, according to The Chronicle.The sound of the little girl’s screams were later heard coming from the barn and instinctually, the father rushed to his daughter’s aide. After reaching the barn, he found a man sexually assaulting his daughter – undoubtedly a dad’s worst nightmare.After pulling the attacker off of her, the father repeatedly struck the man in the head.The young girl was taken to DeTar hospital in Victoria where doctors ran tests to determine whether sexual assault had occurred, The Houston Chronicle reports. She was eventually released.In the aftermath, nearby residents are having a hard time feeling any sympathy for the alleged child molester.“He got what he deserved, big time,” Sonny Jaehne, a Shiner resident, told the Victoria Advocate.Another Shiner resident Mark Harabis said he agreed with the father’s action “totally.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/he-...as-dad-beats-his-daughters-molester-to-death/

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel the same as Steve on this. Being the father of a grown daughter I can tell you it was of concern to me as we raised our daughter. It would be hard to fine forgiveness in my heart if it were my daughter.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No sure why the daughter was in a barn alone with out a parent but yeah I'd have beaten him too and depending on what I saw when I entered the barn beating him to death might have been too good for him. Raped by a horse 1st seems better punishment

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
of course the father can now be brought up on charges of manslaughter or something similar. And if the sexual assault had not progressed far enough to leave evidence that would be found at the hospital, casting some doubt on the claim, it might be straight up murder.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like justifiable homicide to me, I certainly can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing in that situation.

Harmon said a grand jury will probably to determine what, if any charges, will be filed.

Being Texas I'd think that the chances of a grand jury indicting him would be low, and the odds of getting a jury that would convict even lower.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most of us would have done the same thing... It is capital felony, punishable by death in the legal system anyway... so why not get it over with and skip the whole trial and jury nonsense :)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
of course the father can now be brought up on charges of manslaughter or something similar. And if the sexual assault had not progressed far enough to leave evidence that would be found at the hospital, casting some doubt on the claim, it might be straight up murder.

I hope I would have enough self control to take this into account, but in that circumstance I'm not sure how far I would take it. And I never want to find out...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is the proper way a decent society should handle injustices toward children.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A rape is an attempt on the victim's life IMO. I hope the dad is not charged.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
A rape is an attempt on the victim's life IMO.

Rape is a justification for lethal force in most jurisdictions-though a prosecutor might make something out of when and if the rapist was "subdued," the fact is that it's doubly lethal in the case of a 4 year old girl.

I'd have killed him twice, just to be sure.

I hope I would have enough self control to take this into account, but in that circumstance I'm not sure how far I would take it. And I never want to find out...

That means, of course, that I'd take charges into account, and, with all due self-control, take out my knife and stab him in the heart after he stopped breathing, just to be sure.....

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm a pacifist. But if anybody had tried to harm my kids there are 2 things I' absolutely sure of. 1) the level of violence inflicted of the scum would start at 'great'. 2) I have no clue where it would stop.

This will never get past the Grand Jury.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not knowing the exact circumstance I do have to way in though and say that the father is not completely free of wrong doing.

A horse barn is not a safe place for a four year old on a good day. Barn owners loathe parents who do not supervise their children.
While molestation is certainly the last thing one thinks about in a barn, things can happen to put the life of a child in danger or precious limbs like fingers being lost. Don't take long.

While I am in the camp of the parents who would inflict bodily harm, I am also one of those parents who always had an eye on my kid at that age and much longer than that, really.

malteaser14

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm female and if I found anyone touching my daughter in that way then I'd kill them willingly... The only thing that could stop me is them killing me first... Or my daughter being that terrified that I'd get her out of there, but Id hunt him down!!!

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I understand the desire to really, REALLY hurt the creep. My feelings are for the little girl though. First she is molested then she may lose her dad to jail because her father could not control himself. I'm not saying I would have done any better in that situation, but seems to me the best interest of the child would be if daddy is still there instead of jail. Sometimes being a good parent means thinking of the kid first and denying yourself. Poppa didn't do that.

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a pacifist. But if anybody had tried to harm my kids there are 2 things I' absolutely sure of. 1) the level of violence inflicted of the scum would start at 'great'. 2) I have no clue where it would stop...

Same here.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A little more info today:

The adults were shoeing a horse and had sent the 4-year-old and her brother to feed chickens when the attack occurred, a relative told KPRC.

The children's grandfather said the boy returned to alert his father that the little girl had been taken away by a man. The father found the pair partially naked, investigators told KPRC.

And apparently the father didn't use a weapon, but beat the rapist to death.

From the available information, justifiable homicide in defense of another seems likely. I can't imagine any father showing restraint in such circumstances.

Latest Discussions