Testing preparations...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have my 9th Kyu test comming up tomorrow and it made me curious about something. What do you all do to mentally prepare yourselves before tests. Before each class I sit in seiza and do the chi breathing excersize mostly and just try to relax. I think I will do that before the test too. I am just curious as to what others do. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Jason :whip: <-- me tomorrow lol

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I Worry a lot.

Heh.

Yeah, Id say work on being relaxed durring the test.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like to look at streetdance music videos before I go to a training session that I know will be something out of the ordinary. STOMP works too.

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
Testing is one of those things that you have to do what makes you comfortable. Good luck. Hope you pass. Just out of curiosity what exactly do you have to do in your test? Just regular Bujinkan terminology will suffice.

FN

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just train as you would regularly.......I do nothing in preparation for the test.......I just continue to train and test when the time comes........you dont get to prepare for an attack....so that is how you should test, IMO.

If you train with focus, this should not be a problem.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

E

Elizium

All I can say is to go and train. If you pass, well done. If not, well it is not the end of the world.

Just do not put a high value on grading. Between beginning and going for black is just you being like a new born baby: you take very small steps and learn to walk. Human babies (unlike animals) do not get up after born and do a 100m relay race (if it were, it would look very strange). Take your time in learning. After all, you have another 8 to go through.

Then once you reach black belt, that is when yout training starts.

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Get a good night's sleep, stretch, eat some good food.

Don't think about it. Just do.

Mountain Kusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Jason did well on his test. He had to demonstrate his postures, basic Sanshin, basic Kihon, several fists and their application, basic evations, several wrist escapes, several ukemi, several kaiten, and endure a questioning session. All this he passed with flying colors.

He did as I asked all those months ago and worked on his sanshin and it really showed in his test. He is like the rest of us and will begin polishing from here on out and getting better. He has fit in well with our group and been one of the most dedicated people we have. And despite his early mis-givings here, he has a good heart. It is all about learning. Good Job Jason

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, congratulations then!
Gambatte Kudasai!

Curious . . .

MK: "...and endure a questioning session."

What sort of questions (if you don't mind sharing)?

Latest Discussions