testing a theory...

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What's this about Adrian Belew? After 22 years of being the lead singer for King Crimson and acclaimed guitar hero, it's about time you musically retarded knuckleheads on MartialTalk accepted the fact that Robert Fripp obviously likes him in the band and he's there to stay despite some of the pop infected lyrics he puts into a time honored progressive band!!!
:biggun:
Oh...blue? Not Belew?

Never mind.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
What's this about Adrian Belew? After 22 years of being the lead singer for King Crimson and acclaimed guitar hero, it's about time you musically retarded knuckleheads on MartialTalk accepted the fact that Robert Fripp obviously likes him in the band and he's there to stay despite some of the pop infected lyrics he puts into a time honored progressive band!!!
:biggun:
Oh...blue? Not Belew?

Never mind.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Adrian Belew just wishes he could be Brian Eno.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You lookin for somebody to disagree with you regardless of the topic?????

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DoxN4cer
The sky is blue.

Tim Kashino

Time, O3 or Ozone refracts light, and the color covers the spectrum, yet the predomindate wave length that we see is Blue.

Now there are two thoughts to this, the first being that we see the blue wave length and our eyes and mind decodes this wave length to the color blue. The other is that we see the absence of the blue wave length, and our mind then pick up out the absence of a wave length.

Now I have been out of this research for many a year, so there could be data that has been collected to prove it one or the other, or it oculd still be theories.

BTW, the sky can be gray with clouds, or red or orange from the reflrected sunlight over the horizon of the earth.

So, yes it is blue most of the time, if you get over the cloud level this increases. Now the sunset and sunset cause a difference as does sun down, where at I see the night sky as Black, or absence of light waves filled with little starts producing or reflecting light.

So, yes I have kind of disagreed with you. Yet, I have also agreed that at times you are correct. Have I proven your thoery or hypothesis? :D :asian:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the sky has no color in and of its own it is in the preception of those that see it that the color is derived

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
the sky has no color in and of its own it is in the preception of those that see it that the color is derived

Ah yes Perception ;)

R

Rocky

Hey Rich I saw that commercial tooo! About he little girl and learning math, who are you trying to fool.

An here in Detroit the sky is kinda yellowish brown!!! and it stinky!!

Rocky

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
Unless you are in LA then the sky is brown because of the smog

True story: My wife and I moved to Pomona, in eastern L.A. county (careful East Coasters--that means away from the ocean). We arrived on a Monday. I had taken a job in Claremont sight unseen so it was our first time there. Every day I went in to work. On Saturday we stepped out of our apt. and said, Wow! There are mountains here!

There were good-sized mountains only about 10 miles away--maybe less--but we couldn't see them Monday through Friday because all the smog of L.A. County backs up against them as it's blown in by the ocean breezes. It was uplifting at first to see the beautiful snow-capped mountains, then depressing to think about why it had taken a week.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich is right...it's REFRACTION, not REFLECTION that causes the sky's coloring.

Cthulhu

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Rich is right...it's REFRACTION, not REFLECTION that causes the sky's coloring.

Finally we have something to fight over!

"You say re-frac-tion, I say re-flec-tion, let's call the whole thing off..."

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rocky
Hey Rich I saw that commercial tooo! About he little girl and learning math, who are you trying to fool.

An here in Detroit the sky is kinda yellowish brown!!! and it stinky!!

Rocky

Rocky, and where do you think her mom learned it? She used to be an ex-girl friend of mine, yet she left me muttering about engineers and having an answer for everything. ;)

E

Emptyglass

Originally posted by Tgace
You lookin for somebody to disagree with you regardless of the topic?????

Hi Tom:

I think he's checking whether people on the forum will argue about it. :)

Rich Curren

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Emptyglass
Hi Tom:

I think he's checking whether people on the forum will argue about it. :)

Rich Curren

Rich C.

I am Alive. This can be verified 100%.

The Sky is Blue is subject to arguement because it is Blue above the clouds. Or if a person is colored blind then what is Blue?

The statment is not 100% verifiable, and it depends upon the frame of reference.

PS: One of my many minors in college was Philiosphy, I like a good discussion/arguement. Just keep it in the rules of the debate, or at least friendly. :)

:asian:

E

Emptyglass

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Rich C.

I am Alive. This can be verified 100%.

The Sky is Blue is subject to arguement because it is Blue above the clouds. Or if a person is colored blind then what is Blue?

The statment is not 100% verifiable, and it depends upon the frame of reference.

PS: One of my many minors in college was Philiosphy, I like a good discussion/arguement. Just keep it in the rules of the debate, or at least friendly. :)

:asian:

? O....K.....? Thanks for letting me know. :)

Rich Curren

Latest Discussions