Tengasshum the first fire arm

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SOME say the tenasshum was first japaness fire arm but the samurai went wow over it what people bring the fire to japan in 1543

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
SOME say the tenasshum was first japaness fire arm but the samurai went wow over it what people bring the fire to japan in 1543

Putting aside the issue of what the hell a 'tenasshum' is, what is the point of this thread? Do you want to discuss what firearms were first used by samurai? In which case, why is this in the ninjutsu section?
There's no flintlock firearms section that I've ever seen or heard of in the Takamatsuden.

If that is what you're on about, this thread would be better in the firearms, or general JMA section, not here.

Unless you can explain a bit more about what you mean?

Sanke on the move.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Putting aside the issue of what the hell a 'tenasshum' is, what is the point of this thread? Do you want to discuss what firearms were first used by samurai? In which case, why is this in the ninjutsu section?
There's no flintlock firearms section that I've ever seen or heard of in the Takamatsuden.

If that is what you're on about, this thread would be better in the firearms, or general JMA section, not here.

Unless you can explain a bit more about what you mean?

As Seasoned's article indicates, the term Billy was looking for was Tanegashima, thought to be the original form of matchlock rifle in Japan, named for the island on which Portuguese sailors landed with them in 1543.

While there are no formal firearm methods in the Takamatsuden, there have been a range of traditional firearms (such as Teppo, Sodezutsu, Ozutsu, and so on) associated with some of the Ryu....

And, while we're on the subject, here's some Koryu gunnery!

Seki Ryu Hojutsu

Yo Ryu Hojutsu

Morishige Ryu Hojutsu.

(NOTE: Hojutsu is also sometimes read as "Hinawajutsu"... it's the same thing in most cases).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Portuguese is right the old in some family was called teasshum later called Tanegashima it was flitelock later cupble of year the big war that use the gun for first time naga war bloodes in japanes history then shinobi no mono start use fire arm and the canno diffint word but same out put

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And? What is it you wish to discuss? It seems like you post statements that no one understands and then when people stop paying attention to them you start start the process all over again by starting a new thread. What do you want to discuss? What about traditional Japanese firearms do you find interesting and want to talk about?

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i all read did ok discuss it first japness fire arn brought over by the Portuguese they brought over gun powder and traired in 1543
old in some family was called teasshum later Tanegashima it was flitelock later cupble of year the big war that use the gun for first time naga war bloodes in japanes history then shinobi no mono start use fire arm and the canno diffint word but same out put .

instead get mad other i start new thread. becaues of one man said on here to move on!
mean started new topic is thing dont work out right / everything been spell checked

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you are directing that at me, I'm not mad you started a new thread. I simply am stating that you post a lot of threads where the purpose of the discussion is not clear. If the purpose of this post was to just point out that the Japanese used firearms for a long time then okay, point taken. Was there anything else you wish to discuss?

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
not right now i think of them that back of my mind i have lot thoughs and facts in my head!

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
This isn't your personal notebook. This is a discussion forum. Also, your facts are more fantasy than reality it seems. Billy no baka.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
there where you might this was one fact chirst awsure it the right way so think agin i might surprize you

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are babbling about. This is a ninjutsu forum, not a firearms forum or a religious forum. Regardless, I'm Buddhist.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i all read did ok discuss it first japness fire arn brought over by the Portuguese they brought over gun powder and traired in 1543
old in some family was called teasshum later Tanegashima it was flitelock later cupble of year the big war that use the gun for first time naga war bloodes in japanes history then shinobi no mono start use fire arm and the canno diffint word but same out put .

instead get mad other i start new thread. becaues of one man said on here to move on!
mean started new topic is thing dont work out right / everything been spell checked

It was never called "teasshum". That's not even a Japanese pronunciation of anything. The rest of this is highly suspect in terms of actual Japanese military history.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
fire arm much part in ninjutsu then sword and the spear youll just mad at for what reason hummmm

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not mad, Billy, but when you post things that are incorrect, I'm going to point it out. There is no firearm training in the traditional systems of the Bujinkan (as formal methods). The closest would be in things like the kajutsu. That, however, is not to say that firearms weren't used by the practitioners of the systems... but saying that firearms are a large part of Ninjutsu is simply not correct.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
not right now i think of them that back of my mind i have lot thoughs and facts in my head!

So you're not looking for any kind of discussion? It seems like maybe you just want people to reply to your posts with statements like "Oh what an interesting and inciteful post." Except they are not interesting or inciteful. They are confusing and often factually mistaken. The good thing about MT is its a place where people can contribute their understanding of martial arts to other people who train. Some people have more knowledge than others and should be listen to more than others. That does not mean we don't want you to contribute, but you must come to the table with what you actually have. If all you have are mistakes based off poor training there is no shame in that. You can start over and learn something valueable.

Latest Discussions