Tendon/Ligament repair

mcantele

White Belt
Reaction score
Due to multiple ankle injuries over the years, I was about ready to throw in the towel. The TKD I have been practicing seemed a bit much to ask of my Achiles Tendon and adjacent Ligaments. I was missing work occasionally, and class. Then I stumbled upon an article in a runners magazine, about "Prolotherapy". I did a little research and found there was a local Naturopathic Doctor that performed this procedure. His website described him as being a "Lifelong Martial Arts Practitioner". Sounded like he may understand my concerns.
The approach is opposite to what my regular Orthopedic doctor was taking. Anti inflamatories, ice, and crutches, with no improvement.
Prolotherapy is Injections of a glucose solution to cause inflamation. Hmm. The subsequent inflamation starts the bodies own cell regeneration. Since I have gotten away from anti-inflamatories, and have had a few prolotherapy sessions I have not missed work, or class. I was starting to think I would have to switch jobs and drop Martial Arts. I will be 50 next month and I take no medication for anything, unlike most people I talk to. Now, I am not leaping like a 19 year old, but, I am getting around better than most of the people I work with. I wondered if anyone on this forum has issues like this? I would suggest they look into this type of procedure.

Live long and dream well. Mike

Latest Discussions