Teeth in Mortal Combat

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is this guy for real?! It's got to be a parody.

[Edit: For some reason I couldn't embed the video. Just enjoy it here ... http://tinyurl.com/29fggwn ]

I suspect he attended the Llap Goch school of dentistry. :mst:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Any reason for using tinyurl?
As a rule, I never click anything behind a URL shortener because there is no way to know what you're getting.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
While teeth can be a great tool for a MA-ist who is caught up in a clinch on the ground (or even standing) i.e. John Saxon used it to great effect on Bolo Yeung in the film Enter The Dragon ... this vid is (as I see it) a good parody.

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
From the Amazon review:

Written especially for martial artists, students of yoga, practitioners of meditation, and dental professionals,

Yikes!! I'm never doing the Downward Facing Dog posture again.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Honestly, sparring at my school is no holds/strikes/tactics barred, I've seen people bitten, I bit one of my instructors hands when he was kicking the crap out of me and had paused to choke me and fishhook my cheek. Biting can, and does come in handy, but, it certainly isn't the fighting panacea this yahoo describes.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, sparring at my school is no holds/strikes/tactics barred, I've seen people bitten, I bit one of my instructors hands when he was kicking the crap out of me and had paused to choke me and fishhook my cheek. Biting can, and does come in handy, but, it certainly isn't the fighting panacea this yahoo describes.[/quote]

Especially if you don't have your own teeth.

OP
Flea

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Naturally there is the whole caveat about blood-borne pathogens, etc. This is, naturally, a separate conversation.

WHOO!!!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
As Xue pointed out, this is not a parody, but a real book that is sold on amazon. Here is the product description.

Product Description

This is a fascinating piece of study where Dr. Sawicki, both martial artist and dentist of 30 years, draws upon his experience and insights studying self-defense to shine a light upon an aspect of martial arts that has been ignored: the place teeth and jaw play in life-and-death combat. Written especially for martial artists, students of yoga, practitioners of meditation, and dental professionals, the general public will also enjoy it is a skillful weaving of information including a crash course on western physiology of the mouth, eastern yin-yang philosophy and evolution of the human skull. The roots of malocclusion and bruxism are considered relative to the teeth and jaw as formidable fighting tools. Teeth are primal weapons when one's instinct to survive is unleashed and the rise of taboos against biting, in particular the use of teeth in expression of vicious passion are pursued. Powerful yet easily performed energy-building exercises are described with the intention of strengthening and aligning the chi center of the oral cavity with the tan tiens of the energetic body. Practice of these exercises can lead to a deeper understanding of man's place in the cosmos and a boost to one's overall health and fitness. Dr. Sawicki wants his readers to thrive -- and survive.

About the Author

Dr. Lester Sawicki is an independent general dentist, practicing for more than 33 years. During the first 10 years of his career he directed a very successful practice in the Chicago area and since that time, has sustained recognition in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada, New Jersey, Alabama, and Puerto Rico. Dr. Sawicki has contributed his knowledge and expertise to nearly 100 dental practices throughout the United States. In 1983, he began studying nutrition and alternative health, and since 2004 has been devoted to intensive research into the relationship between whole body detoxification and longevity. Dr. Sawicki's personal interests include martial arts and meditation. For 30 years he has been a practicing student of Tai Chi, having met many Tai Chi and Chi Kung Masters both in the United States and China. His home is in Austin, Texas.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This martial arts is best used if you have rabies.
icon10.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where's Paul Vunak in all of this?????

Latest Discussions