Target Training Equipment? Help.......

I

izzy80

Hey guys, before i ask my question i just wanna say this is an awesome site. I've never posted on this forum, but i've been a long time fan of the site. I just started taking TaeKwonDo and am trying to work on my speed and target kicking. I've been looking for a standalone focus pad/kick target (or unit) that i can mount on a wall and move around to practice by myself. I was thinking of buying a Focusmaster Training System G-1000, but its like $700, pretty steep. Even the Century VTS is like $500 and i dont think its near as good as the Focusmaster. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any good ones that i can look at. Preferrably single ones that aren't part of a unit. I haven't been able to find anything good anywhere. Any help with this would be really appreciated. Thanks all! =-)

Israel

OP
G

Galvatron

I tend do everything on a generic heavy bag. I have sections of it marked with duct tape to practice accuracy/precision. I like my target to have strong resistance.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
I don't think you want to break the bank for training equipment when you're just starting out. I suggest buying cheap pads or targets for now and then work out some clever way to mount or hang them. You might try buying one of those shield-type pads from Century and mount it on the wall through the arm straps.