Shifu Starr,

I will do that.

Be well, Sir.

Dale

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you are off to a good start. First thing to jump out was the lack of a page title, fix that. Preferably sneaking in key words you want a search engine to relate to you ;)

Next thing was some layout problems, might want to do some more testing there, things like what is in the attached image.

Personally I'm not found of the first picture, looks like too much of a "glory shot", bordering religous... but maybe that is just me.

Attachments

• $Screenshot.jpg
    $Screenshot.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 167

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
The site is graphically apeasing. It is nice, clean and easy to navigate as well. Kudos to you my man.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are off to a good start. First thing to jump out was the lack of a page title, fix that. Preferably sneaking in key words you want a search engine to relate to you ;)

Next thing was some layout problems, might want to do some more testing there, things like what is in the attached image.

Personally I'm not found of the first picture, looks like too much of a "glory shot", bordering religous... but maybe that is just me.

Brother, It seems to be working fine on my system and that at work.

I republished it. Let me know if that is still happening.
Thanks for the help.

Be well,

Dale

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother, It seems to be working fine on my system and that at work.

I republished it. Let me know if that is still happening.
Thanks for the help.

Be well,

Dale

Wow, that is an odd problem.

Dale, I looked at your site last night and didn't see the layout issue that Andrew captured in his screen shot.

To me it looks like the page loaded with a larger-than-intended text size. I'm not sure how that could have happened, but it strikes me as someting that could possibly be specific to a local machine. Then again, web pages aren't my specialty. I know how to get data from one place to another, but what the data does once it arrives is something outside my skillset. :D :D

I just loaded your site in IE and Firefox and it looks great.

What a fascinating school! Glad to have you as a neighbor, both in Mass. and on MT.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Having a look at it again, yes it was a font issue. Not only that but a formatting one, using line breaks where you have them is not needed, and it will distort things if the font is enlarged, this will lead to effects like this on your page:

$Untitled.jpg

See how the flow of text gets broken, as well as it overlapping the image.

HTML is a structural language, it is used to tell the browser what things are, not how to display them. So a paragraph should be marked as one, without line breaks.

Different browsers will display things differently on different pages, different screen sizes, window sizes, fonts, enlarged fonts, etc. All things that the web page "should" be able to adapt too.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Brother,

I think I fixed the problem. Let me know.

Thanks again for the help.

Be well,

Dale

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Wow, that is an odd problem.

Dale, I looked at your site last night and didn't see the layout issue that Andrew captured in his screen shot.

To me it looks like the page loaded with a larger-than-intended text size. I'm not sure how that could have happened, but it strikes me as someting that could possibly be specific to a local machine. Then again, web pages aren't my specialty. I know how to get data from one place to another, but what the data does once it arrives is something outside my skillset. :D :D

I just loaded your site in IE and Firefox and it looks great.

What a fascinating school! Glad to have you as a neighbor, both in Mass. and on MT.

Thanks for the kind words. I am having a seminar at the end of the month with my Kung Fu Brother Par Scott on Dit Da Skills and Iron Palm. You can see the links on my site.

Just click on CDIA Seminars.

be well,

Dale

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother,

I think I fixed the problem. Let me know.

Thanks again for the help.

Be well,

Dale

Nope, same thing.

This is why:

Code:
Xiang Dao Dale Dugas will be teaching <br soft="">in the Greater Boston and South Shore <br soft="">areas. &nbsp;Classes are now forming! &nbsp;Call <br soft="">

Get rid of all the <br soft ""> 's

and here:

Code:
<div id="e29" style="position: absolute; left: 265px; top: 753px; width: 171px; height: 250px;">

It's the absolute picture of the images that is causing the text to go over top of it. So if the text takes up more space, the picture doesn't move, and they overlap.

Now I have never used Yahoo site builder, so I'm not sure how you would tell it to stop doing this, but that is the why ;)

On most screens I imagine it will look fine, unless you get someone who like me, hits it on Linux which uses different fonts, or the more likely thing, someone that enlarges the font (on any system)

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
I switched providers.

Sorry about that.

Pages are up and running

Be well,

Dale

OP