Taijutsu seminar featuring Mark O'Brien!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that I would let everyone know that there is a Taijutsu seminar featuring long time Japanese resident Mark O'Brien. This will be a rare opportunity to train with Mark and enjoy his dynamic teaching style. I have attached a flyer with all of the details. If you are interested in experiencing a unique Budo training event then do not miss this seminar. This seminar will be held at the Dexter Bujinkan Dojo located in Dexter, Michigan. Take care.

Attachments

• $MOB Seminar Flyer October 2006 DBD ForumSmall.jpg
    $MOB Seminar Flyer October 2006 DBD ForumSmall.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 132

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Brian,

Given that not all of speak or train in a Japanese art, could you provide pictures or links to the items expected to take with you.

I may have some of the items, but not sure. :)

Thanks

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Rich,

A Fukuro Shinai is a shinai with a leather covering. Booken is a wooden training sword based off the katana. The short sword is the smaller version of the katana or wakizashi/shooto this also could be of wood or a fukuro shinai. Hanbo is a three foot long stick. The training knife could be of any kind.

There will of course be plenty of training tools on hand to use. However, do to the number of people involved it is best if every attendee have some of there own tools on hand. (If you do not have some of the training tools do not worry as more than likely your training partner will have them or there will be some extras at the Dojo)

This really is a great opportunity to train with a phenomenal martial artist. I would encourage anyone who is interested in serious Bujutsu to make the trip to the Dexter Bujinkan Dojo and get in some fantastic training.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• $booken cropped.jpg
    $booken cropped.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 119
  • $shortsword cropped.jpg
    $shortsword cropped.jpg