Taeguk workout

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I retuned TKD 2 years ago, my sambunim helped me to remember Teaguks 5 to 8 including Koryo, it took some time but paid off. However we forgot to review taeguk 1 to 4. Last night sambunim asked me to teach taeguk 1 to a neewby so I did it, but I was wrong!!!! I teach the neewby a basic exercise that in my days of JDK we named Kincho 1 or Basic 1.

Today I saw on you tube Taeguk 1 to 4 and inmediatley emailed my sambunim to begin with these taeguks that I recall certain moves but not all.

I think it will be a nice workout to relearn the basic taeguks, I can hardly wait till next class.

Manny

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One of our black belts takes the class through all of the Taeguks during a regular lesson. He starts with the white belt form and goes upwards. When you reach your highest form you just continue to do that form while the higher belts continue. It is a good refresher course for everybody.

Fortunately, Taeguks 1-4 are just variations on the same theme which makes them easy to learn together.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I myself do each form everyday, it is a great little workout by itself and gives me time to really understand every movements and all the possilbilities.

Payne

White Belt
Reaction score
Good to see such enthusiasm for the hyungs. Form training is all to often overlooked as a workout.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see such enthusiasm for the hyungs. Form training is all to often overlooked as a workout.

Patne hello and welcome to Martial Talk. We have a meet and greet section for proper intros.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I myself do each form everyday, it is a great little workout by itself and gives me time to really understand every movements and all the possilbilities.
Forms tire me out more than any kicking and punching does. You must do forms with full power and snap. I hate them but love them at the same time.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
two hours per day (even sundays) up to chonwon.

Latest Discussions