Taeguek 7 Jang

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am putting this here since this particular poomsae was given as a reference, here are steps 14 - 19 by what the Kukkiwon TaeKwon Do Textbook explains it. I would like to know if this is the same way it is tought at the instructor course and thank you a head of time.

14. RA 3 direction, left foot moved to right turn, wen apkubi and momtong hecho-makki,
15. RA 3 direction, two hands opened and arms stretched to gasp the opponet's head, pulling down the head, oreunbal mureup-chagi, successiely jumping forward wendal dwikkoa - seogi and jecho jireugi
16 RA 3 direction, left foot retrive back, oreun apkubi,otkoreo arae-makki ( in case of oreun apkunbi, oreunalmok arae-makki with the left wrist laid over to press down in helping.

now 17-19 are the same just in the other direction, I am just curious sine I see some others do it just a little different if I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terry,

At both KKW Instructor Courses I've attended, that sequence was performed identically on the opposite side. That isymmetry is one of the beautiful things about the Taeguek poomsae.

How have you seen the opposite (i.e. the hecho makki done when the right foot is foward.... ) side performed?

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry,

At both KKW Instructor Courses I've attended, that sequence was performed identically on the opposite side. That isymmetry is one of the beautiful things about the Taeguek poomsae.

How have you seen the opposite (i.e. the hecho makki done when the right foot is foward.... ) side performed?

This is from the latest Kukkiwon instructional video

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQH1cOQ6W_Q?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQH1cOQ6W_Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, can anyone explain to me the purpose of the movement where the hands are brought up in front of the face with the right hand in a fist and the left hand covering it?

Pax,

Chris

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, can anyone explain to me the purpose of the movement where the hands are brought up in front of the face with the right hand in a fist and the left hand covering it?

Pax,

Chris
The technique is called beojumeok (wrapped or covered fist) and it involves respiration. Like tong mil gi in Koryo, it is a form of tanjun breathing (that is the best way that I can describe it). Taegeuk chiljang is in the patern of Kan, representing the mountain and firmness.

Daniel

Latest Discussions