Symbols and Patches...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey there my fellow ninjutsu practictioners!!! I just wanted to start a thread to see what different types of symbols and patches the different arts represented here use.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I hear that gi patches of all kinds tend to get more and more rare, mainly because an increasing number of people have been in Japan and noticed that such things pretty much do not exist there. A Bujin patch and maybe three or four stars is the most I've seen for a long time, and I'm told this is the case in Japan as well. What does that tell us?

A

AnimEdge

do you mean like Ninja patches? or like general promotion and such in ninjutsu? the only ninja patch i like is of the nin symbol all the otehres are stupied :p and for promotion you can usally search for MA patches i think there manly used for like moral within the students or how patches are used within like teh boy scouts, you mastered a bo, heres a bo patch to prove it, taht kinda thing

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I was just talking about patches you wear on your gi. Also maybee like a logo your school uses or something. I don't know. Maybee this was a bad idea for a thread. Sorry.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its not a bad idea.....also interesting for those of us that dont study Ninjustu to learn something!

Satt said:
Actually, I was just talking about patches you wear on your gi. Also maybee like a logo your school uses or something. I don't know. Maybee this was a bad idea for a thread. Sorry.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a stupid thing to point out, and very anal, but AnimEdge, you spelling is so backwards. sorry, sorry, its my problem, just slow down or something. nothing to fret about, its just harder to read. taht, and teh. still though, my problem.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sarah said:
Its not a bad idea.....also interesting for those of us that dont study Ninjustu to learn something!
Agreed, I for one am all ears...:wink1:

Now HERE's an interesting thing that I've thought about for a long period of time - what is it with Bujinkan players (as well as Silat/FMA practitioners) and bandanas??? I just purchased my first one a month ago or so, but the Bujinkan is full of people who constantly wear bandanas while training. :idunno:

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure but I think in Silat, it is traditional. it comes from Muslim heritage, so maybe that has something to do with it. As for Booj, not a damned clue. to feel Ninja I guess. There is this guy at my school who always wears a tank top. it bugs me. whatever.

P

Peaceful Tiger

Nimravus said:
Agreed, I for one am all ears...:wink1:

Now HERE's an interesting thing that I've thought about for a long period of time - what is it with Bujinkan players (as well as Silat/FMA practitioners) and bandanas??? I just purchased my first one a month ago or so, but the Bujinkan is full of people who constantly wear bandanas while training. :idunno:
I think the Bujinkan Bandana wearer falls into one of these two categories...

1. It's worn by show-offs who want to portray themselves as that practitioner who's a little bit better, why?, because OMG, he/she wears a bandana!!!

2. It's worn by practitioners who just want to stop the sweat from getting in their eyes. Ever felt how hot it is in the Honbu in April?

I'm just dying to see someone wear a tennis headband or a headband with 'ninja' written on it whilst training :D

I saw an obscure Australian website last month for an even obscurer style of Ninjutsu, Jinenkan I think it was. They were wearing camouflage gi's and sporting headbands. They looked like Al Quaeda Muslim extremists :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
I wear mine to keep the sweat out of my eyes... I tend to sweat a LOT durring class, so I typically wear the bandana that I wear under my helmet when I ride to class... plus then no one can laught at my "helmet hair"

:D

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Hey Satt,

Did you get your patch on yet?
Well, I am getting it sewn on in a couple days. I have to wait till I get paid. I have absolutly NO sewing skills. LOL.

P

Peaceful Tiger

Satt said:
Well, I am getting it sewn on in a couple days. I have to wait till I get paid. I have absolutly NO sewing skills. LOL.
Oh, you just reminded me, I have another star to sew on my jacket before tonight's class

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Peaceful Tiger said:
I'm just dying to see someone wear a tennis headband or a headband with 'ninja' written on it whilst training :D
Actually, I know someone who does the former.

Peaceful Tiger said:
I saw an obscure Australian website last month for an even obscurer style of Ninjutsu, Jinenkan I think it was. They were wearing camouflage gi's and sporting headbands. They looked like Al Quaeda Muslim extremists :D
I highly doubt that was the Jinenkan, since I'm fairly positive they always train in hakama...could it have been the Silat Mubai people?
http://www.mubai.cc/silatmubai-introvid.wmv%-} :mp5: :uhyeah:

And Shogun - I believe I wrote bandanas, not turbans...?

P

Peaceful Tiger

Nimravus said:
Actually, I know someone who does the former.http://
Seriously, a tennis headband? haha:D

I'm going to check that Al Quaeda 'lookalike' ninja site again and get back to you. I was fairly sure it was Jinenkan though:D

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Peaceful Tiger said:
Oh, you just reminded me, I have another star to sew on my jacket before tonight's class
You know I have seen that before, but I have been wandering what it means. I saw a guy with a few stars on his collar part if his gi. Could you explain??? Thanx.