Superman is REAL!!!!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070424...e_discovery;_ylt=AltXlnm8xmK0P0y1_dW5NeXMWM0F

New mineral has kryptonite composition

LONDON - A mineral recently discovered in Serbia has the same composition as kryptonite — the fictional substance that robs Superman of his powers — the British Museum said Tuesday. While the material is not a perfect match, its chemical breakdown is strikingly similar.
"Towards the end of my research I searched the Web using the mineral's chemical formula, sodium lithium boron silicate hydroxide, and was amazed to discover that same scientific name written on a case of rock containing kryptonite stolen by Lex Luthor from a museum in the film 'Superman Returns,'" Stanley said.
The material is white, powdery and not radioactive — unlike the glowing green crystals usually depicted in the Superman comics. It will be formally named Jadarite when it is described in the European Journal of Mineralogy later this year.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Life imitates art—so we really shouldn't be surprised by stuff like this! :lol:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My thought exactly! Funny coincidence though.

Yes the name on the Box in a Lex Luthor Display has the similar chemical make up as what was found in Syberia. :)

Now if someone could just create a "Shipstone" and our power issues would be solved. :D ;)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My thought exactly! Funny coincidence though.

Very funny, when you consider how detailed and specific that chemical description of the mineral in question is... what are the odds of that particular sequence of substance names, in just that order, turning up at random???

:Twilight Zone intro music starts up softly in background:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Forget the Shipstone. I want a working Tesla Free Energy box and the Philosopher's Stone.

Latest Discussions