Sun Lutang version of Wuji

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Try it, it is pretty cool and a rather different feel as it applies (to me) when you are talking Wuji

wu+ji+-+sun+lu+tang.jpg

000381.jpg

Just stand, do not think of anything or moving Qi or the dantian....just stand relax and feel what is happening, but do not focus on any of it

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sounds good but if I did it my wife would think I was sleeping

It dose give a different feeling if you can relax and not think about relaxing

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
it is kind of like standing zazen. But it is the standing with your feet together that makes it really interesting, kind of gives you the idea that you know what a tree feels like on a windy day.

colemcm

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu was a drill sergeant in the British army. He used to tell me stories of guys who would stand at attention so long that their legs would buckle and they'd fall over. The trick is to not lock your legs and only stand in one leg without looking like you are.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Sifu was a drill sergeant in the British army. He used to tell me stories of guys who would stand at attention so long that their legs would buckle and they'd fall over. The trick is to not lock your legs and only stand in one leg without looking like you are.

The priest at my first wedding told me the same thing :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seen it happen. We actually practiced/coached one guy grabbing the rifle and another catching you squad mate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions