Subscriptions

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone have any subscriptions to any firearms magazines?

We subscribe to Rifleshooting Magazine and are waiting on a new subscription to start for Precision Shooting Magazine. I will let you know if I like it. :)

What ones do you subscribe to, which are your favorite and why?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only one I subscribe to anymore is "Shotgun News". I'll occasionally pick up any of them if they have an article I'd like to read, but most seem to really extol the virtues of the guns advertised in them. Oh, I do get American Rifleman with my NRA membership.

Jeff

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
American Handgunner (I really enjoy the columns by Massad Ayoob and Clint Smith)

Guns and Ammo (cause I got a "6-months free" coupon)

and I get a copy of America's First Freedom with my NRA membership...which reminds me...I need to renew.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Some of the more popular gun rags have lost some credibilty. Very rarely will you hear an honest BAD opinion in a firearm review for the fear of POing a current or potential advertiser. My buddy had a magazine (looked more like a low budget newsletter that didn't have ads and gave opinionated reviews, it was pretty good...can't think of the name right now.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some of the more popular gun rags have lost some credibilty. Very rarely will you hear an honest BAD opinion in a firearm review for the fear of POing a current or potential advertiser. My buddy had a magazine (looked more like a low budget newsletter that didn't have ads and gave opinionated reviews, it was pretty good...can't think of the name right now.
Sounds like GunTests...I like their reviews because they don't mind telling it like it is.

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I stopped subscribing a few years ago, used to sub to Guns, Guns and Ammo and Shotgun News.

After a year or so if you hasve a good memory you'll notice the same articles in a cycle, might not be the SAME exact article BUT it's pretty close.

Might even be a different author but the meat of the article is the same.

My Twonies worth($2 Canadian Coin)

Latest Discussions