Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Hieron in doubt

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well looks like this fight may not happen. Looks like Nick has some issues with the required drug test. Diaz uses weed for "medicinal purposes" and wouldn't pass the drug test if he took it.

This fight is for the 1st ever welterweight title. They had to do this since Cung Le hasn't fought in 2 years and no telling when he will defend his belt again.

Not good news for Srikeforce.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/diaz-hieron-in-jeopardy-19019

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well looks like it has been confirmed, Diaz is out of the fight against Hieron

Jesse "JT Money" Taylor will take his spot on the card. Too bad for Taylor and Hieron in that this will no longer be for the brand new welterweight title which was on the line if Diaz would have shown up for the mandatory drug test but didn't becasuse he would have tested positive for weed.

lol...things are not looking good for Strikeforce.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time he's had problems with fights due to smoking weed?

I know he has a cannabis club card for medical marijuana, but the athletic commissions won't let it pass. Damn, you'd think he'd take his career a little bit more seriously.

Wagonmancer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Weed for hyperactivity lol, medicinal must be a flexible term. Strikeforce can't be happy with him it's hard enough to compete with the ufc without shooting yourself in the foot. Ritalin might be more appropriate for someone who has to take drug test (duh). Just stupid really i've never cared for nick or his brothers attitudes and this just adds to it. Clumsy looking and cocky they both irritate me.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They are extremely cocky. I do like Nick as a fighter but I can certainly go without the antics that he shows before and during fights. He is a great talent but his personality is just terrible.

Nate to me seems way more humble than his brother and is pretty skilled himself.

The weed thing is just crazy. All that talent and can't find a better form of treatment? So it seems like he has been doing this for a long time and also has been getting away with it due to receiving special favors. I am sure other athletes who have tested positive and saying to themselves, WTF?!?! He gets tipped off early so he can clean up before te drug test.

He was smart not to show up for the test though. If he showed up and failed then he would have been suspended for a year. By not showing up he can now just fight at the next PPV and be ready for the pre fight drug test.

No good for strikeforce with all the other mess that has happened for this fight card.