Strange Wing Chun site

DarrenJew

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Strange Wing Chun at this site

http://www.mousavi.pwp.blueyonder.c...linsystems.html

Very Strange--

This is a first; Someone advertising a one armed Wing Chun system?

Quote: "Legend has it that a close relation of Wing Chun lost her arm in battle and Wing Chun created this system in her honor.”

I guess she must of went blind too.... that’s why we practice Chi Sau blind folded... heh

I try to keep an open mind but sometimes... I wouldn't mind them adding a few moves into there own style that incorporated WC, but they shouldn't have to re-write the legend of Wing Chun to justify it

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
i know its not cool to rip on other styles but that seems to be pretty pointless. Unless you only had one arm why would you bother learning a style like that. Use what youve got

T

Tremble

That website is a load of baloney, I wouldn't take any of it too seriously.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
spatulahunter said:
i know its not cool to rip on other styles but that seems to be pretty pointless. Unless you only had one arm why would you bother learning a style like that. Use what youve got
you get to learn it twice or learn another one armed art with the other hand!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
spatulahunter said:
Well suppose you're walking to your car with an armful of groceries and got two dozen fresh eggs... wouldn't want to drop 'em now would ya?
Or how about you don't want to let your goregous girlfriend go while fending off would be attackers of her honor?
Realistically, you may be holding on to something that you can't quite put down at the moment. Say a young child? :idunno: There can be lots of applications to this type of defense. A broken arm even.

JAMJTX

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I never heard this legend before. Just out of curiousity, I will ask around. But I doubt anyone else has.
Regardless of the story being true or not, it is a good idea to learn to fight with just one arm, etc.
My first karate teacher had us spar using just one hand, sometimes no hands, some times just one foot. Part of the reasoning was the idea of injury to one or more limbs - you still have to be able to fight.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
JAMJTX said:
I never heard this legend before. Just out of curiousity, I will ask around. But I doubt anyone else has.
Regardless of the story being true or not, it is a good idea to learn to fight with just one arm, etc.
My first karate teacher had us spar using just one hand, sometimes no hands, some times just one foot. Part of the reasoning was the idea of injury to one or more limbs - you still have to be able to fight.
Thats fine to train with one arm when you train all limbs equally or you may get caught wrong footed if you know what i mean!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DarrenJew said:
Strange Wing Chun at this site

http://www.mousavi.pwp.blueyonder.c...linsystems.html

Very Strange--

This is a first; Someone advertising a one armed Wing Chun system?

Quote: "Legend has it that a close relation of Wing Chun lost her arm in battle and Wing Chun created this system in her honor.”

I guess she must of went blind too.... that’s why we practice Chi Sau blind folded... heh
Odd, I don't see this on the website anywhere. Was it changed? Or am I blind?

B

buddhadragon

Ha! Theres an old HK MA flick..Think its called "Master of the Flying Gulitein" SP? Anyway this blind master with a hat with knives lops of peoples heads by thowing it on them and yanking a rope and..well you get it. Hes bent on finding the famous one armed boxer who has killed all of his disiples. The movie ends in a very long fight with the one armed boxer kicking butt. Perhapes theres something to the legend. After all its on the internet and they made a HKMA about it!.LOL

Latest Discussions