Strained Abs!!! OWIE!!!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I strained my abs shovelling rock today - started off feeling like I was developing the stomach flu, now it just plain old HURTS!!

Now, I've performed so many sit-ups that my stomach muscles hurt before, but never anything like this! No bulges or anything, either, so I don't think I have a hernia ... i'ts just uncomfortable as the dickens!!

Anyone else ever do this?

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was about to state that maybe its a hernia, or maybe you strained yourself real bad. If the pain is so bad, maybe you should see a doctor, atleast I would.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
You can try ibuprophen and black or green tea, plus giving the effected area a rubdown with either a mineral ice/ blue goo ointment or try vicks (walmart generic) which is a fair substitute for tiger balm at a much cheaper price. If it's still sore after a few days, see a doc. Unless it's "pure Hell" now, which means, see doc now.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it turns out I did not strain my abs (nor anything else) - I had a NASTY stomach virus which put me on my back for days. I've never felt anything like it before (maybe it was West Nile??? :idunno: ) Went to hospital and they were stumped. Gallbladder fine, biliary vents fine. Gave me a GI cocktail (which made me puke) and an acid blocker. Worked for a few hours, but that's it.

Ah well. Thanks for the advice, tho.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Dang. (*Cancels flower order for funeral*)

Seriously, glad you're feeling better. :wavey:

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ooh, that sounds very painful and nasty! I remember once when i had bad food poisoning and actually wanting to die to end the pain. Funny thinking about it now but not at the time!

Glad you're on the mend anyway!
:)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, all things considered, this probably went away faster than the strained muscles would have. Glad you're feeling better!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear that it was not strained abs. Sounds like you have mended up well.

Latest Discussions