State of Hawaii sued for 2nd Amendment violations

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see that someone in Hawaii finally stepped up:

http://www.hawaiidefensefoundation.org/news/second-amendment-hawaii/

Honolulu, HI – The Hawaii Defense Foundation’s founding director and president, Christopher Baker, has filed a lawsuit against Honolulu Chief of Police Louis Kealoha, the Honolulu Police Department, the City and County of Honolulu, the State of Hawaii, and Governor Neil Abercrombie in connection with civil rights violations of the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.The complaint filed in the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii by attorneys Richard Holcomb, Alan Beck, and Kevin O’Grady alleges that Hawaii’s license to carry statute and various other firearm regulations are unconstitutional.

It's going to be an uphill battle all the way, given how far to the left Hawaii is, but someone's got to get the ball rolling.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm so torn by this. I live on the east coast, carried a gun most of my life, I'm big on guns and citizens rights to carry.
I've also lived in Hawaii twice and am heading back for good, soon.
I don't want to see guns in Hawaii. Not at all.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm so torn by this. I live on the east coast, carried a gun most of my life, I'm big on guns and citizens rights to carry.
I've also lived in Hawaii twice and am heading back for good, soon.
I don't want to see guns in Hawaii. Not at all.

I assume crime happens in Hawaii too?

Ceicei

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, crime happens in Hawaii, too. Yes, I know there are guns in Hawaii.
I lived on Maui, and I know guns exist there as well. But I have never been to a place where guns mattered less. I hope it never changes.

Latest Discussions