Starting Kajukenbo with Prof. Ron Pierce

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm still pretty new to MT, I just signed up two days ago. Since then I've been talking to my co-worker Debbie, the wife of Professor Ron Pierce, about starting to train under him. She gave me some details such as, the classes take place in his home, it's 5 bucks an hour, and I'll be learning Kajukenbo as well as Kali. So my question I guess is, has anyone here trained, or currently trains under Professor Pierce? If so, what could I expect in my first class? I'm not in the best of shape, but I'm also not in the worst. I also have a background in Taekwondo ranking at 5th Gup.

OP
Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I actually tried signing up to that forum, but I guess I'm still waiting you or whoever runs its approval.

Thanks for suggesting the schools you did, but I think I'll be fine. Another one of his students is from Oceanside, so I'll talk to him about carpooling. Plus, it's 5 bucks an hour. Hmmm actually, I'm still gonna look into these schools. Thanks.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actually tried signing up to that forum, but I guess I'm still waiting you or whoever runs its approval.

Thanks for suggesting the schools you did, but I think I'll be fine. Another one of his students is from Oceanside, so I'll talk to him about carpooling. Plus, it's 5 bucks an hour. Hmmm actually, I'm still gonna look into these schools. Thanks.

Since most Kajukenbo schools are in YMCA's and Recreation centers, price usually isn't a factor. Even the one's in commercial settings are usually pretty reasonable.
I teach in a 30,000 square foot community center surrounded by million dollar homes. I charge $45.00 for 6 week sessions. The students train for 90 minutes, 2 nights a week. So I guess if you calculate the fee per hour, the students are paying $2.50 a hour.
Before you get involved in Kajukenbo, take a look at a few programs. Don't worry about the rank of the instructor. As Mr. Parker use to say; "just cause the red shows, don't mean they know".

loyalonehk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well said Professor Bishop.

If your serious about commiting yourself to the Kajukenbo Style of Self-Defense - Take a bit of time and run it by the Kajukenbocafe Ohana.

(see link in previous thread)

I have been to GM Pierce's home for a seminar, his stuff is good.

OP
Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I start tomorrow. His wife drew me a map. I'm a little nervous, which I usually am whenever I try something new, but most of all excited. If it's once a week and I really like his teaching, I might just stick with that.

Latest Discussions