Speed bags

Don Black

White Belt
Reaction score
I’ve been in & out of a number of dojos & fitness centers here in Memphis & several other areas, and have yet to see any speed bag set-ups in any of them.
It’s a darned good physical exercise and great for developing hand/eye co-ordination. Especially the doubled ended bags, where you’ve gotta move or get popped.
Am I just screwed up in my thinking, is the noise objectionable, or are the places I've visited just exceptions.
This inquiring mind would like to know.

TKDJUDO

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any speed bags in the training facilities I've been to. You're not alone. Seems like a good idea to set up some speed bags because it can benefit us:)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I studied JKD the school had one. None of the schools I've been to since has had one, so I got my own.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
my dojo dosent have one, but my instructor is going to get one soon. They are a great tool. really gets the blood pumping and helps improve quickness

B

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I’ve been in & out of a number of dojos & fitness centers here in Memphis & several other areas, and have yet to see any speed bag set-ups in any of them.
It’s a darned good physical exercise and great for developing hand/eye co-ordination. Especially the doubled ended bags, where you’ve gotta move or get popped.
Am I just screwed up in my thinking, is the noise objectionable, or are the places I've visited just exceptions.
This inquiring mind would like to know.

We've got two speedbag platforms, two uppercut/hook bags, two double-end bags along with 8 heavy bags at Progressive Martial Arts Training Center.

Clapping_tiger

White Belt
Reaction score
Our school had them, I would like to put one in but the ceiling is too low. I really hate not having one, I agree they are an awesome training tool. and now that you bring it up, I never noticed them at other schools so now I am wondering why so many MA schools don't use them.....

Latest Discussions