Sounds of Summer..

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my Gawd... I love spring/Summer and Fall...... I can have my windows open and fresh air and all that.. but how much does a person have to put up with~?

Neighbors 6 dogs howling.. sirens of every decible level screaming all day and night.. one Ankle Biter pseudo dog that constantly screams.. and I have no clue what it's problem is.. but it has one of those high pitched little stinking barks that NEVER Stops~!!
Kids screeching at each other .. Trucks of every kind,
Trains brakes squeeling on the tracks. Motorcycles with deafening roars going by. Cats fighting..
Jerks yelling to each other from one end of the street.
And the best one yet. Volunteer Fireman across the street Jackhammering ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok I'm not a happy lass at the moment..
Just had to vent *grumbles*

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tess, I feel for ya. I don't even have to open the window to hear all that though. With this many kids in the house the noise level is often more than I can handle. Add that to the seeming impossibility of getting the idea across to friends and relatives that my son doesn't need "noise makers" as birthday presents and the incessant noise of my son and my pup chasing each other through the house and I'm right there with ya. I've been out of work and stuck in the house for two weeks with a broken foot (5th met, right foot) so I'm really goin' nuts here. I'm at the point that I really miss the hum of my tires on the interstate and rumble of a big diesel.

Hey, what do ya know, I feel better after venting as well. :uhyeah:
Oh, and did I mention that Tina is gone for two weeks on vacation so I have no back-up when the hooligans- I mean- kids go nuts? :wah:

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I also love to have the doors and windows open. Most of the time. I recently lived in a residential area where all my neighbors on every side had dogs. Big dogs. Multiple dogs. Outside dogs. Dogs who used their backyard as a bathroom. Yah, you bet, a hot summer day surrounded on all side by the waste product of eight or ten big smelly dogs just cooking in the hot sun. Mmm mmm.

Keep the ear plugs, pass the nose plugs.

-Rob

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I even have my headphones on ~!! Listening to Robert Jordan's 'Wheel of Time' Still the sounds get through :(

awwww I'm sorry Jeff~!! Broken foot.. Ouch and grrs for you.. Sure hope you heal fast and get back on the road *makes me feel better to know at least One good TT driver is out there :)
Kids and noisy toys.. Bad combo~!! *Twitch*

Thanks for the aspirin.. and earplugs.. think I need Calgon too *grins*

Smelly dogs.. oh yeah.. *GAG.. walking down-wind .. *shudders*

Have a good one ~!!

*thinking of diabolical things*

:angry: :revenge:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
and to top it off..listening to the neighbors have sex....grrrr...*L

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tess, don't hate me, but I guess I'm lucky in one way that if sounds get to be too much... a flick of the switch on my hearing aid turns it right off. :rolleyes:

S

Stick Dummy

Q.O.P.

" Suck it up!!!!

There will be even more noise, when i break out the William Hung CD for class tonight.......

She Bangs!!!

Hee-Hee!

Ha-Ha!

Ho-Ho!

G

Gary5000

MACaver said:
Tess, don't hate me, but I guess I'm lucky in one way that if sounds get to be too much... a flick of the switch on my hearing aid turns it right off. :rolleyes:
My mom can do the same. My dad can too. I can't though. :mad:

--Gary

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pete~!!!! BITE MEEEEEE~!!! :btg: *need a 'Knee to the Beak' emoticon I do *Snorts* heheeee

Stick Dummy said:
Q.O.P.

" Suck it up!!!!

There will be even more noise, when i break out the William Hung CD for class tonight.......

She Bangs!!!

Hee-Hee!

Ha-Ha!

Ho-Ho!

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver.. *grrrrs* heheee.. :D

For those that think I'm being insensitive to the hearing impaired.. my son wears dual hearing aids and my oldest daughter should but is too stubborn..
I'm just complainin' .. bout noise pollution ~!

MACaver said:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah, we've had days like that .. but no central a/c in this old house.. (150 plus years old) have a couple window units but one died.. and whenver there's a breath of fresh air.. I'll take that over a/c anyday of the week :)

I grew up in Western NY where there's hardly a need for a/c .. then moved to Florida where there was no fresh air.. you opened a window and a blast furnace of heat came in.. blah is right~!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's been fairly cool here today. Windows and doors open and the only noise from outside the house is the sound of a pounding rain that's been coming down for about 16 hours.

Tess, thanks for the ouchs and grrs. It's healing remarkably fast. Busted it at a seminar on the 22nd and continued to train for about an hour I felt it pop. Stubborn me. At least I've been able to work cane defense techs these past couple of weeks. :uhyeah: It's that whole lemons into lemonaide thing.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
and, as I learned this week, there are LOTS of cicadas out there.....
Haven't heard a single one yet. That's a good thing as for some reason cicadas always make it feel about 10 degrees hotter than hell. I think it's just the memories of being a kid and sweltering in record heat with the cicadas as a backdrop. I haven't seen a lot of lightning bugs (fire flies) this year either, come to think of it.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
they were howling around the conference center in WV. Also tons of them IN Washington DC. Strangely none in Delaware though... the bugs may have better sense than me.
In all seriousness I do like the sound they make.

R

RCastillo

With Tess's open windows, I smell her freshly baked goods cooling on the window seal, yum! :uhyeah:

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Waiting for the cicadas to arrive!!! But now with the windows open i get to hear the sound the of the pool filter running 24 hours a day (since we just reopened it for the season), i swear i wake up 6 times a night to make a trek to the bathroom because the sound of the bubbling water is too much for my weak bladder! Hopefully the sun will return soon to warm the pool up! Happy summer!

Donna :asian:

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You wanat fresh air you can h ave the job I now have. I'm part of a lawn care company. Sitll not a good temp out to me.
theletch1 said:
Haven't heard a single one yet. That's a good thing as for some reason cicadas always make it feel about 10 degrees hotter than hell. I think it's just the memories of being a kid and sweltering in record heat with the cicadas as a backdrop. I haven't seen a lot of lightning bugs (fire flies) this year either, come to think of it.
I wonder if it may have something to do with misquito control. I'm sure its killing of los of other things than just mesqutos to drive around and relase poison. I don't know if you guys have the same thing though.
*Wanders of to swim with friends and water ski and such

Latest Discussions