Sorry for the rant! But...

AnnunakiKungFu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I work in the Bellagio poker room as a graveyard floor supervisor. I came to a table to where another supervisor was standing and trying to fix a situation. This guy was cussing and calling the dealer all sorts of names. The supervisor was trying to control it and was doing a good job. Well as I walked by the table and as the other supervisor was walking away, the guy said either "im going to beat him in the head" or "im going to shoot him in the head". I reacted accordingly by handing him a chip rack and saying have a goodnight. Well he stood up, went and cashed out and then approached me at the front of the room. He extended his hand to shake, which I accepted. He then said "my name is (whatever it was) United States Military. you are a f****** disgrace" to which I replied "how am I a disgrace when your saying your going to either harm or kill an fellow American and employee who is trying to stop things from getting out of hand?"

I may have been a little out of line but how are you gonna say some stuff like that, come up to me and introduce yourself as US military and call me a disgrace and then get offended when I give it back to you straight? This is why I hate march madness because all the nut bags come out to play.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing to feel bad about there, Vegas. Whether someone is normally an **** or is just having a bad day, they're the same person being that way whether they're a soldier or a brain surgeon. No free passes on bad behaviour just for wearing a uniform or doing wonderful things in your 'day job'.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most of the guys I've met who will use his status, be it military, office job, whatever to get what he wants have turned out to be either insane or just generally tools. :)

Sounds like you used your training to good effect here. There will always be idiots, part of our training is not clocking said idiots with a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick, as satisfying as that could be. Good luck with the rest of march

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never heard any US military person refer to themselves as "US Military." They generally say what their branch is. That's just kind of odd.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Military service doesn't give someone a free pass to be a dickhead. It sounds more like HE was the one who was a disgrace.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never heard any US military person refer to themselves as "US Military." They generally say what their branch is. That's just kind of odd.

Same here. That is unusual. Anyway, he was a jerk, and acting disgracefully. You did well. You defused a situation. His mouth was just that. Forget him and enjoy life knowing that you can act properly even in the face of such people.

Latest Discussions