Something strange is happening - taijiquan 24-7-365

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK not that strange but it is differentÂ… and it comes at a time when I physically canÂ’t do this due to injury and when I have much less free time than I have had in a long time.

I like Taijiquan and Chinese Marital Arts but of late I just donÂ’t seem to give a hoot about any other CMA except for TaijiquanÂ… not Sanda and not even Xingyiquan and that is a bit of a surprise to me. Since I would honestly described myself as a Xingyiquan addict and have on MT on more than one occasion. I have wanted to train Xingyiquan since the early 70s and now I just donÂ’t seem to care about it at all.

All I want to do is Taijiquan all day long. I have found myself on more than one occasion this week doing one step forms or applying Yang style forms to Chen Silk Reeling. I donÂ’t want to sit, I donÂ’t want to work, I donÂ’t want to work out, I don't want to do yoga and I donÂ’t even want to post I just want to go do taijiquan. And if I had the time (and if my damn knee would allow) I would spend my entire day doing all of my Yang style I know and working on the 2 Chen forms I once knew and Chen Silk reeling (there is a 3rd form actually but I canÂ’t remember the first one I learned at allÂ… but if I had the time I would try and remember it too). Hell I even want to train the Yang Style Jian and to be honest I did not have much use for it about a month ago, I was a Dao guy, now I am really getting into it, but I am still training the Dao. And as a side effect of all this I feel much more calm, relaxed and focused.

I have always liked training Taiji and other CMA styles over the years but of late it seems to be all I want to do is taijiquanÂ…. Maybe IÂ’m just getting old :DÂ… but if that is what it is for once I think it is a good thingÂ… or maybe it is just a side effect of going with Zhang Sanfeng was realÂ…whether he was or not

Well IÂ’m off to do some more one step postures.

Golden Harvest

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Â…. Maybe IÂ’m just getting old :DÂ… but if that is what it is for once I think it is a good thingÂ… or maybe it is just a side effect of going with Zhang Sanfeng was realÂ…whether he was or not

Well IÂ’m off to do some more one step postures.

You may have something there about aging. I, too, have been practicing Tai Chi a lot of late. I kind of loss interest in my other martial art practices due to age limitation and slow recovery rate from injuries. Not much fun walking around in constant pain.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Maybe you're at the stage where you get more "juice" out of it, where you feel more physical changes as you practice, where the reward-to-practice ratio is high ...?

I say this because I enjoy practicing Yiquan more when I can feel the .. er ... "thing". Y'know? :D

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome home Xue Sheng!!!!!!!!!!! You have now reached YCF's 8th essence!!!

Very best wishes

Latest Discussions