something great that martial arts did for u

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I am sure there is many great storys out there about how martial arts has helped make peoples life better why not share some of the stories.

M

MartialArtist

Helped me live. Well, I was never in such a life and death situation, but I saved myself a lot of trouble by getting bruised during training. Better bruised and bloody during training than broken on the street.

But what it did everyday was made me an overall better athlete. I'm quicker, more agile, more flexible, able to precieve things better, able to clear my mind, relax, made me stronger, developed discipline, the list is endless.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The MA has directly saved my life a few times. It's also saved me from some injuries along the way.

But, in my estimation, the greatest thing it's done for me was to enable me to pique the interest of the woman who is now my wife. Starting in MA at 8, I think it really helped my overall maturity. So that, at 23, I was able to attract the attention of a 38 year old woman.

When she first met me, she thought I was in my early 30s. If I had had the maturity level of an average 23 year old, she wouldn't have noticed me, much less taken an interest in me. In my opinion, she is the best woman in the world for me and we're a very well-matched couple (been together for 8 years now, married for 6, and never had an argument - when we disagree on something, it's trivial so we either make a compromise or agree to disagree).

So I think that's the greatest thing the martial arts have done in my life.

The second greatest thing, is, as TallAdam said, it has given me the opportunity to meet a lot of good people. Most of my "extended family" (i.e.: friends that are close enough that I consider them part of my family) are martial artists.

Mike

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It taught me so much. I have greater self desipline, self esteem, flexibility, and focus. It saved my butt once. And I am able to stay calm in most situations.

P

Patty

MA's gave me self-discipline, self-belief and helped me lose 100 pounds. I'm now returning to college to get my degree. I quit after I was attacked because of my fear. I'm past that now.

R

RCastillo

It added alot to my professional background, and keeps the animals away from me at school.(That includes administrators, bunch of pencil pushing wimps)

Latest Discussions