Social media marketing

J. Pickard

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone had notable success using social media as a marketing platform? If so, how did you do it? I tried on my own with FB ads and when that didn't work I hired a professional and still saw ZERO return from social media marketing. 100% of all new students are coming from word of mouth and marketing through community events.

MadMartigan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone had notable success using social media as a marketing platform? If so, how did you do it? I tried on my own with FB ads and when that didn't work I hired a professional and still saw ZERO return from social media marketing. 100% of all new students are coming from word of mouth and marketing through community events.
I have gotten some new students from Facebook ads. I use the ads to direct people to the school FB page with a send message button. This then puts people directly in touch with me to answer their questions (which I try to answer as soon a possible of course).
The cost has been manageable (and a nice tax write off). I only run ads when looking for a few new leads (usually a few days in a row every few months).

That said, I run my school as a hobby; and only really care that I have enough students that it doesn't cost me money to teach (rent space, etc).