So I have been out for a while...

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Been out of classes for about a year, and just started back up...Its kinda like riding a bike.

I moved further away from the dojo and of course there are always financial issues and such, but now I am back, working hard to get back to where I was with my kata and my conditioning, but I am getting there.

Wish me Luck

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of Luck to you but you already knows it is about training to get back to the shape you was once in.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been out of classes for about a year, and just started back up...Its kinda like riding a bike.

I moved further away from the dojo and of course there are always financial issues and such, but now I am back, working hard to get back to where I was with my kata and my conditioning, but I am getting there.

Wish me Luck

Congrats on your return! :) It'll be a bit rough in the beginning, but before you know it, you'll be right back to where you were. :)

Mike

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No pain no gain, no Payne no gain. Tells it all.
icon7.gif

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Getting started after a long time away is always hard. The fact that you returned says that you are dedicated to what you do

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will be surprized at how much you remember...Best of luck to ya..

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Getting back into training after a hiatus is like reuinting with an old friend.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a little update.

Been going to class again consecutively...Training on my own and such again.

I used to teach classes every other day for the kids and the white to brown levels, and fro that I had earned the rank of Sensei...I felt like I had "lost" the tittle or something to that extent...until I was given a new Gi top, which had happened to be a instructors top as well. I asked my instructor, why, because I had been out for so long, and I felt so out of practice, etc etc...

He told me that I was under-estimating myself, that he can see I have retained a great amount of information, along with skill level.

But then I came back and asked, "Why I am having such a hard time keeping up with these new techniques, and such...and he simply said "Its the new stuff I had just started showing other black belts, and your just jumping right into it."

So over all, its pretty exciting, and I am glad that I am back, just gotta make it to where i can go more often.

Cheers.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a little update.

Been going to class again consecutively...Training on my own and such again.

I used to teach classes every other day for the kids and the white to brown levels, and fro that I had earned the rank of Sensei...I felt like I had "lost" the tittle or something to that extent...until I was given a new Gi top, which had happened to be a instructors top as well. I asked my instructor, why, because I had been out for so long, and I felt so out of practice, etc etc...

He told me that I was under-estimating myself, that he can see I have retained a great amount of information, along with skill level.

But then I came back and asked, "Why I am having such a hard time keeping up with these new techniques, and such...and he simply said "Its the new stuff I had just started showing other black belts, and your just jumping right into it."

So over all, its pretty exciting, and I am glad that I am back, just gotta make it to where i can go more often.

Cheers.

Good for you! Sometimes, our instructor can see things in us that we can't see.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sometimes it take a while for you to see what a great instructor can, once again best of luck and glad you are back at it.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Wish me Luck
Good luck!! Always nice to come back after a long absence.

Daniel

just2kicku

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck. Glad to hear your getting along well. Instructors have that uncanny ability to see what we don't, ..... hate when my teacher does that!