Smooth Jazz Metallica

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I LOVE the original version of this tune, but this version is so clever it's just as good, IMHO. Nice reharmonization under the vocal line as well :) The guy who did it put a lot of effort into it, and it really works well

Anyway, smooth jazz Metallica does "Enter Sandman"!

[yt]OBmM79YadYM[/yt]

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I really really tried to listen to the entire song but I just could not. I like the vocals and the instrumental but the vocal does not match the instrumental. Not the same, just not the same.

OP
jim777

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, the vocals are the original Metallica vocals, as are the crowd banter parts. I'm thinking the vocals were pulled off the studio version, but I don't know. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the vocal doesn't match the instrumental'. The chords do in fact match the key the song is in, that's what i meant by reharmonizing it in the original post. It might be one of those things that only works for musicians or jazz lovers though.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IMHO, Richard Cheese does the best cover of 'Enter Sandman'. He fronts the band "Lounge Against the Machine."

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess it would be better stated that the lead singers voice is more suited to a hard rock type vocal vs a smooth jazz vocal. The dichotomy of my memory of the original hard rock vs the smooth jazz version is just too much for me to take.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brutal!.. in the loveliest loungiest way.. I'm SO smiling at this :) Thank you! Jenna x