Small vid from self-defence competition

jekabs

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all and greetings from Latvia!
I'd like to share with a small video from our wtf taekwondo competition in Latvia.
Me and my training companion made up a self defence program against axe (haha, we wanted something original) in ~6 training sessions. I'm 17 & he's 23, both 1st Dan. Messed up a little in a few spots, but overall we got 2nd place. Comments welcome!
soundtrack: pendulum - slam (
)

Last edited by a moderator:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent vid and great ukemi. One question though, why weren't ya'll disarming until after two or three attacks had been made with the hatchet? Was it just for demo purposes or do you teach a "knockout" blow without the need to recover the weapon?

Edit: welcome to Martial Talk, by the way. Head over to our Meet and Greet area and introduce yourself. ;)

OP
jekabs

jekabs

White Belt
Reaction score
One question though, why weren't ya'll disarming until after two or three attacks had been made with the hatchet? Was it just for demo purposes or do you teach a "knockout" blow without the need to recover the weapon?
very often we use a lot of self defence techniques without defending from any weapons or maybe from just a knife, but this time we wanted a pure defence from hatchet, and, yea, most of it was for demonstration purpose.