Showing your school spirit

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Most schools have t-shirts, many have other products with their logos on them, ranging from decals for the vehicle to sparring gear.

Do you often wear your school logo in public? Do you put it on your vehicle? Do you do cheers and splits while chanting...just kidding:).

If you do not publicly display your school logo anywhere, can you tell us the reason?

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will sometimes wear a t-shirt from my school, but not often. If I'm going to wear a hat, however, I will choose a baseball cap with our school's emblem on it more often than not.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We have shirts and stuff. BJJ is a funny thing in that I'm proud of my school, but don't particularly want to be associated with the "Tapout" group. I wear a school shirt to events and such, but will confine myself to shirts that mostly only other grapplers would recognize, if at all. Like Koral, Gameness or Fokai.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wear my tee shirts most of the time. I seem to have more martial arts related tees than plain ones

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
There for quite a bit I felt that I went to tourneys more for the tee shirt than anything else.

I have several tee shirts that I wear frequently. My favorite one is a kenpo shirt that is starting to fall apart.

Mark

Svart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Id be hesitent to wear anything associating me with TKD in public as you never know which kind of guys youll run into who will go "Ohhhh look Taykwandu! Show us ya kung fu kicks!" then proceed to pick a fight. Its sort of like saying "I do martial arts, fight me."
I fully understand people supporting and being proud of their club, im just hesitant myself with shirts. A car sticker would be more suited for me. Theres a house just down the road from me, all their cars have their club stickers on the windows.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have several T-shirts related to the Tae Kwon Do organization I belong to, and I wear them proudly. Not only do I firmly believe it is one of the best in the country, but I wouldn't be who I am without it. If someone wants to take offense or cop an attitude that's their problem.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a little window static that I display on my Jeep and the window of the 18 wheeler that I drive for work. As for t-shirts, nah, I only have one MA related t-shirt and it's one that I bought several years ago at the traveling Shaolin monk show "The Wheel of Life". Our school is pretty low key and I kinda like it that way, to be honest. You come in, you train, you go home.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our main items are school t-shirt and patch. We have a few other odds and ends but don't push them. There are quite a few of our t-shirts around town. :)