Short training question...

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Deleted because it was a stupid question...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just about everywhere I read on the internet says you can master Krav Maga in a very short time. (months to one year) This may not be true and correct me if I am completely off. My question is about instructors. Assuming you really can master Krav Maga in such a short time, could someone that has "mastered it" be qualified to teach it in such a short time as well?

I dont know about mastering it, but learning the moves, yes, that doesnt take much. Keep in mind, the art was designed, so I've heard, for people with little time to learn. The techs. for the most part, are pretty simple, and are easy to remember, even with little practice. Now, this doesnt mean that you can take 3 lessons, never train the stuff again, and expect to be any good.

But to answer your question....if someone told you that they trained for 1 yr, and they mastered all there was to know, I wouldn't buy that. There are your usual time frames.

http://www.kravmaga.com/index.php/Programs-Self-Defense

As I always say, rank should be earned, with hard work, not given because a certain time frame is reached. If you look at the listed time frames, it takes more than a year. Additionally, the time frames are depending on how many times the student trains. If you go to one class a week, vs. 2-3 classes, the progression should be obvious.

http://www.kravmagafederation.com/training.html

Note the following:

1) Imis Fundamentals of KM

2) A simple approach to learning.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you thought it was a stupid question, but in any case, I posted some answers to your questions, for what they're worth now that the thread is gone. *shrug*

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure why you thought it was a stupid question, but in any case, I posted some answers to your questions, for what they're worth now that the thread is gone. *shrug*

Well, after I posted this I read the KM sticky and it said a BB was commonly awarded in 8-10 years. I really appreciate your answer. I am doing a lot of exploring right now and I am trying not to step on too many toes in the process. Thanks again.

Latest Discussions