Server Outage - 4-8-2007

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was an outage of approximately 3 hours today. The cause has been traced to a now replaced faulty power supply in the server.

No data was lost during the outage.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was one of Bob's cats. I swear if I told him once I told him a hundred times to keep them away from the computers! :D

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hard way to find out that you're not supposed to connect computers to outlets controlled by light switches. Live and learn.

No problem, Bob

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was one of Bob's cats. I swear if I told him once I told him a hundred times to keep them away from the computers! :D

Which one did it?

Attachments

• $270916529_3f7b783e6c[1].jpg
    $270916529_3f7b783e6c[1].jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 242
  • $server[1].jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 231
  • $270909742_fd9976c099[1].jpg
    $270909742_fd9976c099[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 227

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was one of the longest three hours in my life... I should probably be worried by that, now that I think about it... :uhohh:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was one of the longest three hours in my life... I should probably be worried by that, now that I think about it... :uhohh:

Yeah, ya need a life, Exile. I wasn't worried, really. I didn't phone Bob, no, not me, uh uh.....and I didn't talk to him online, nope...I didn't hit refresh every .3 seconds.......:uhohh:

sigh....we need a twelve step program together :lol2:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, ya need a life, Exile. I wasn't worried, really. I didn't phone Bob, no, not me, uh uh.....and I didn't talk to him online, nope...I didn't hit refresh every .3 seconds.......:uhohh:

I KNEW it!!! You were on that refresh sequence constantly, right? For practically the whole three hours? Getting up to go get some coffee or sharpen a pencil or whatever, just to stretch out the interval between control-r hits to maybe fifteen seconds or so, to increase the odds that the problem would be fixed by the time you got back? Staring in hostile frustration at the tax returns you'd been kidding yourself you'd been working on, and now actually had to think about doing? (Actually you might not have been doing that... yours aren't due till the 30th, eh?) I knew it couldn't just be me....

sigh....we need a twelve step program together :lol2:

I second that... and I think that if some of our pals out there are honest, they, um, maybe were doing something similar? Lisa and I have confessed, isn't anyone else going to step up? And don't deny that you were doing the same thing—we both know better—and so does Chew! :EG:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I KNEW it!!! You were on that refresh sequence constantly, right? For practically the whole three hours? Getting up to go get some coffee or sharpen a pencil or whatever, just to stretch out the interval between control-r hits to maybe fifteen seconds or so, to increase the odds that the problem would be fixed by the time you got back? Staring in hostile frustration at the tax returns you'd been kidding yourself you'd been working on, and now actually had to think about doing? (Actually you might not have been doing that... yours aren't due till the 30th, eh?) I knew it couldn't just be me....

Mine are done. Filed. Got the return and spent it already. :D

I second that... and I think that if some of our pals out there are honest, they, um, maybe were doing something similar? Lisa and I have confessed, isn't anyone else going to step up? And don't deny that you were doing the same thing—we both know better—and so does Chew! :EG:

Yeah, Chew knows all! :EG:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine are done. Filed. Got the return and spent it already. :D

Every year I vow I will do that. I will have them in by the end of January. And I have a perfect record on that vow so far... :lol:

Yeah, Chew knows all! :EG:

Yes, and with Franca as a second... um... persuasive factor, I wonder why we aren't hearing more from our pals out there...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny, I thought something or someone had CHEWed through the wires .... :idunno:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to confess that I may not have spent three hours hitting F5 but I did spend an hour cycling through other websites with a periodic "Is MT back up yet" boomerang.

Seriously, it's a sign of how much I enjoy coming here that I had a definite feeling of "what do I do now?" as much of my on-line time is now spent browsing these fora.

Glad you're all back :tup:.

Latest Discussions