Send all the useless old folks to Mexico!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about setting up a new kind of "cultural exchange"? I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again. It's time we put and end to Mexico dumping their surplus labor problem on the US. I say it's time to get really tough and force the ineffectual government of Felipe Calderon to accept a new kind of trade agreement with the US. For every young, hardworking "illegal" they expect us to tolerate or give some kind of amnesty, they have to take one of our useless crotchety old retired folk down there... with full rights and priviledges equal to any Mexican citizen. You know full rights to purchase beach-front property, run businesses, political invovement including voting, running for office, and the whole shebang. The way I see it, we in the US will get a lot of young, hard working people to pay into Social Security and the like, and they will get all those crotchety folks out in Sun City who won't even support our local school bond elections. And what do the crotchety folks get? Well, they can enjoy a bargain rate retirement with access to beaches, golf and and cheap prescription drugs. Plus, if they can vote down there (and they always vote) they'll make some big changes in the way things are run in Mexico. Now that would be interesting!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I second the motion!

Let's take Florida back for young people!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mexico is a big holiday place for many Brits, Cancun is a favourite with many people, is it in a different Mexico then? :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mexico is a big holiday place for many Brits, Cancun is a favourite with many people, is it in a different Mexico then? :)

Yes, it is my understanding that the tourist holiday spots are a completely different Mexico.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tell you all what... you all send your parents (that are still alive) FIRST then I'll send mine.
Right now they're old but not useless... even at 84 yrs old.

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Im all for sending some geezers.

Actually James, that is my retirement plan. With what they pay teachers here in Arizona, and recent talk about cutting our already meager pensions by 30%, at least I'll be able to eat. Good thing I like tortillas and beans.

And Tez, even in the real Mexico, I've met a lot of Europeans, including Brits. You guys get out and about more than a lot of Americans!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How about setting up a new kind of "cultural exchange"? I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again. It's time we put and end to Mexico dumping their surplus labor problem on the US. I say it's time to get really tough and force the ineffectual government of Felipe Calderon to accept a new kind of trade agreement with the US. For every young, hardworking "illegal" they expect us to tolerate or give some kind of amnesty, they have to take one of our useless crotchety old retired folk down there... with full rights and priviledges equal to any Mexican citizen. You know full rights to purchase beach-front property, run businesses, political invovement including voting, running for office, and the whole shebang. The way I see it, we in the US will get a lot of young, hard working people to pay into Social Security and the like, and they will get all those crotchety folks out in Sun City who won't even support our local school bond elections. And what do the crotchety folks get? Well, they can enjoy a bargain rate retirement with access to beaches, golf and and cheap prescription drugs. Plus, if they can vote down there (and they always vote) they'll make some big changes in the way things are run in Mexico. Now that would be interesting!

Since I fully believe you are not serious or just trying to set yourself up for easy immigration when you retire I will just laugh.

But if you are serious I'm not laughing at all since my 78 year old father, 22 years navy veteran of 2 wars, and Parkinson’s suffer just had to go to a nursing home and a little over 2 years ago he was still skiing and playing golf.

But then I am assuming you are not serious

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
But if you are serious I'm not laughing at all since my 78 year old father, 22 years navy veteran of 2 wars, and Parkinson’s suffer just had to go to a nursing home and a little over 2 years ago he was still skiing and playing golf.

Age sucks. Your father on the other hand sounds awesome. :asian:

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Wait... you meant that isn't what the US and Canada have already been doing for many years now? I thought it was official policy...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually James, that is my retirement plan. With what they pay teachers here in Arizona, and recent talk about cutting our already meager pensions by 30%, at least I'll be able to eat. Good thing I like tortillas and beans.
You're not the only one with their eyes on Latin America!

Latest Discussions