Secrets

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Opinions on the merit of GGM Ed Parker's book: the Secrets of Chinese Karate would be much appreciated. In terms of its benefits as a knowledge base, practical martial arts guide contribution to an understanding of kenpo and clarity of its concepts.

thank you
Marlon

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Opinions on the merit of GGM Ed Parker's book: the Secrets of Chinese Karate would be much appreciated. In terms of its benefits as a knowledge base, practical martial arts guide contribution to an understanding of kenpo and clarity of its concepts.

thank you
Marlon
It said the secret of Chinese Karate; and, if it all looks vaguely familiar to you, it is because it is 2014 and not 1954. :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it is a great historical document of the state of Ed Parkers journey at the time, but not necessarily provinding great insight to where he ended up.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would go ahead and just start with Infinite Insights. That might be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it is a great historical document of the state of Ed Parkers journey at the time, but not necessarily provinding great insight to where he ended up.

I agree with this statement. For me personally, I felt I got more information about Ed Parker's process from his first book that was closer to what he learned and then looking at the II series to see where he went.