scenario

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
O.K. your walking out to your vehicle, its dark and your parked in secluded area.(I know that most of us would not find ourselfs in this scituation) You step up to your car, get your keys and someones arm comes over the top of your right shoulder and places a blade to your neck. They dont want money they just say your dead, I told you I would catch you one day.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO ESCAPE OR WOULD NOT ACT IN HOPES THAT THEY WERE JUST KIDDING.

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll go first,
I would raise my hands as to surrender, then take both hands on the hand and wrist of they attacker to keep that blade off my neck. Next I would do a hip toss to take the subject to the ground by lowering my right shoulder and turning my hips and body to the left at the same time.

L

lonekimono

first thing i want to say is how do you know you can do that? do you not think that the person that has that blade to your neck is going to let you glab BOTH of his hand's? ,,it's just me but i would never put my two hand's on his one( you do the math).
but to say what i would do if it was me? i can't tell you what tecq i would use or anything i will do,because you can't say that you would do this or do that,,IT HAS TO BE,WHEN IT HAS TO BE,
how can you say what you would do? and how could you say what the persen is going to do when you put your two hand's on his wrist, will he not have the other one to do with what he want's to do? just passing by.
HAPPY HOILDAY BE SAFE:asian: :asian: :cool:

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by lonekimono
first thing i want to say is how do you know you can do that? do you not think that the person that has that blade to your neck is going to let you glab BOTH of his hand's? ,,it's just me but i would never put my two hand's on his one( you do the math).
but to say what i would do if it was me? i can't tell you what tecq i would use or anything i will do,because you can't say that you would do this or do that,,IT HAS TO BE,WHEN IT HAS TO BE,
how can you say what you would do? and how could you say what the persen is going to do when you put your two hand's on his wrist, will he not have the other one to do with what he want's to do? just passing by.
HAPPY HOILDAY BE SAFE:asian: :asian: :cool:

I actually had this happen to me about two weeks ago, not in a dark parking lot but it did work very well.

Why would you have a problem using both hands to control the weapon would'nt that be the first concern! I think you have a better chance on a two to one hand placement that way you will have better control over the weapon.
:asian:

D

Despairbear

We use a knife attack just like this in my dojo. knife to the neck from behind it leads into a wonderful lock and disarm. So after doing that and contacting the proper athouritys I would go home and change my shorts (grin).

Despair Bear

L

lonekimono

i don't have a problem with anything you do? but i can't say what i would do or not pizano,, and i 'm happy you did not get hurt,look don't take anything i say the wrong way,
and like the man said" don't worry be happy";) :rolleyes:

hey look fireworks!!!!:redeme:

OP
DAC..florida

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by lonekimono
i don't have a problem with anything you do? but i can't say what i would do or not pizano,, and i 'm happy you did not get hurt,look don't take anything i say the wrong way,
and like the man said" don't worry be happy";) :rolleyes:

hey look fireworks!!!!:redeme:

No offence taken!:asian:

Anymore takers on this scituation.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida
I'll go first,
I would raise my hands as to surrender, then take both hands on the hand and wrist of they attacker to keep that blade off my neck. Next I would do a hip toss to take the subject to the ground by lowering my right shoulder and turning my hips and body to the left at the same time.

Put the risk aside and assume that we are dead UNLESS we react......

All arts are related and lead to each other as a famous Martial Artist explained it " once you make the connection, you have to make the translation." Meaning that we probably already know what to do, we just have not done it that way or just have done it differantly without making the connection. If you can see how your techniques do relate to all situations then you are "translating the connection" between the arts or scenarios or.....

I put that out there because reactions are going to be what we actually practice and I'm going to address the two handed grip.

I probably would grip the wrist slightly differant, knowing my reactions and I'll explain why.

In grappling one of the first things I learned before I could escape a rear choke, I had to stop the choke. So a natural reaction for the choke would be to put my hand on the "inside" of his wrist, (the back of my hand against my neck and my palm on his wrist) like a gasket between his arm and my neck. I feel that gripping his wrist from the outside (leaving me with a pulling motion) would leave him in a better position to cut me.

For the knife, using the same "inside the wrist" reaction, I now can use my strenth wisely (kinda like bench pressing) to force the knife away from my body. I can use my second hand for leverage to help my "gripping hand" in the forcing away from my body.

That is the major task. The following reaction would depend on how the attacker resists my escape. As long as I don't get cut, I may work the "ranges" and possibly use a footstomp and see what opening that I can create to subdue him.

I would like to say an elbow but I won't because my escape and finish depends on my grip on the knife hand. If I'm able to press his arm away from my body far enough theres the possibilty of changing my grip on his wrist and staightening out his arm (over my shoulder) and breaking his arm.

:asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lock his knife hand in place with my chin and left hand, draw my CRKT Folder from the right pocket of my pants and proceed to cut the <explative deleted> out of his hand and wrist till he dropped his weapon... then for good measue if probably break his arm in a few places with a well deserved Omote Gyaku (Outside wrist break)

Yes, I always have the folder with me, I don't leave home without it. And yes, I know that my defense is theoretical, as is the attacking scenario, but thats the beauty of Taijutsu, its not a "if this happens do this" its more of a "if this happens, do what you have to do, with the skills you have been taught, or with whatever else works"

S

sweeper

couldn't happen to me. My enemies don't survive long and I make sure no one can find the bodies so there aren't any griefers..

Ok seriously, It does assume alot. 1: You pissed someone off to the point they want you dead. 2: they have been following you and you havn't notived. 3: you park your car in a dangerous place. 4: you don't notice the guy comming up to you.

I would hope I could stop this somewhere in those links, but if not.. It's a basic reaction for me to grab or pound people's arms when they reach over my shoulders, I have the type of freinds who think (or thought as some of them grew out of it) it is fun to spontaniously strike or choke you. So whatever the case My reaction before he finished talking would be to control the arm. I would probably use both hands and just go for a quick easy disarm, probably some sort of a strip, but maybe a wrist lock. I would also be stepping away and out and turning to face him. If I failed the disarm or if he resisted and braught another weapon to bear on me I would probably do a thrust kick to the hip and sprint like a mad man. I personaly wouldn't want to attempt to employ a weapon when he already has one drawn.

Oh yeah, and if I successfully got the keys out I would proably use them in the disarm.

J

J-kid

Well i would jump just because that would startle me. I would start by dropping my chin.

Then i would raise my arm to try get my arm between the blade and my neck, at the same time would rotate my head so it is at the side. A cut there would probley be not so bad (inless its on the side where the vain gos to your head.)

then elbow the attacker in the face scramble to take the knife and stab the guy in the stomach, if i get the knife.

Put him in a choke hold and then call the cops.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess that I would have to say, as some others on the posting have already said, that I hope other contingencies could stop this before it gets this far. I always watch who is around all the time. I'm paranoid like that and it drives my girlfriend crazy. I try not to park in a "danger zone" and all the other things that are presented as prevention in a rape prevention course, but I'm sure this could still happen. I think the shrug reflex would have already kicked in no matter what. Good or bad its still there. Try to restrain the arm with my hands and Go for a throw or a shin stomp. Then straight for the handy dandy spyderco or possibly just use the carbiner I have on my keys as a handle to turn my keys into a flail. From there its just pure beatdown until he runs, is out cold or the cops get there. My guess if he really wanted to kill instead of intimidate you wouldn't get a chance to react at all.

Latest Discussions