Say Fong Kuen

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RHD

Its time to reveal my true practice in martial arts.
At a very young age I was adopted by an elderly chinese gentleman who had retired to the US from Taiwan. As a child he taught me a rare and secretive martial art dating back thousands of years called Say Fong Kuen. In my childhood, the old man taught me 18 classical weapons and all the nuances of emptyhand fighting from the Say Fong Kune system. At age twelve I underwent a gruelling, week long test, after which I became the current (and now only surviving) grandmaster of the style. In my teens, I fought in numerous secret "no holds barred" fighting competitions and remained undefeated until I was 20, then I saw the light and gave up fighting.

Say Fong Kuen is an anciect and secretive system based on spontanious movement. There are no prearranged set patterns or forms. Instead, a practitioner of Say Fong Kuen learns to move intuitively and create techniques as needed and accordingly. For competitions we make up our forms according to what's "in tune" with our students' abilities.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding this mysterious and wonderful Chinese Martial art, but keep in mind that Like other secretive and ancient styles, the history of Say Fong Kuen was passed down only through oral tradition and there is no documented background available. I was lucky to learn this system because it was one of the only Buddhist systems to survive the great Buddhist "sell out" when the communists took over China.

Mike

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
RHD said:
Its time to reveal my true practice in martial arts.
At a very young age I was adopted by an elderly chinese gentleman who had retired to the US from Taiwan. As a child he taught me a rare and secretive martial art dating back thousands of years called Say Fong Kuen. In my childhood, the old man taught me 18 classical weapons and all the nuances of emptyhand fighting from the Say Fong Kune system. At age twelve I underwent a gruelling, week long test, after which I became the current (and now only surviving) grandmaster of the style. In my teens, I fought in numerous secret "no holds barred" fighting competitions and remained undefeated until I was 20, then I saw the light and gave up fighting.

Say Fong Kuen is an anciect and secretive system based on spontanious movement. There are no prearranged set patterns or forms. Instead, a practitioner of Say Fong Kuen learns to move intuitively and create techniques as needed and accordingly. For competitions we make up our forms according to what's "in tune" with our students' abilities.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding this mysterious and wonderful Chinese Martial art, but keep in mind that Like other secretive and ancient styles, the history of Say Fong Kuen was passed down only through oral tradition and there is no documented background available. I was lucky to learn this system because it was one of the only Buddhist systems to survive the great Buddhist "sell out" when the communists took over China.

Mike
I'm going to be very honest ,the whole thing sounds like a childs dream put into words ,but as i don't know anything about you or the style ,i'll assume that you're being truthful.

The whole fighting in my teens in no holds barred tourneys sounds like a Frank Dux story. I would like to hear more about "Say Fong Kuen" though.

Is it Southern,Northern,Hakka,Internal,External etc......

It sounds a little farfetched for a Grandmaster to divuldge everything to a kid of 12yrs old ,it's not impossiable ,but it's very unlikely. Now it could've happened ,but even you'd have to admit ,it's a tough pill to swollow ,with all the fake and phoneys running around on forums these days.

What are some of the therioes and ideals of the style? What other styles influenced Say Fong Kuen? Is it offensive or defensive in nature ,is it a inclose or longrange style?

Does it focus on power like Hung Gar or more on speed like Choy Lay Fut?

These are some questions i have about Say Fong Kuen.

jeff:)

OP
R

RHD

Black Tiger Fist said:
I'm going to be very honest ,the whole thing sounds like a childs dream put into words ,but as i don't know anything about you or the style ,i'll assume that you're being truthful.

The whole fighting in my teens in no holds barred tourneys sounds like a Frank Dux story. I would like to hear more about "Say Fong Kuen" though.

Is it Southern,Northern,Hakka,Internal,External etc......

It sounds a little farfetched for a Grandmaster to divuldge everything to a kid of 12yrs old ,it's not impossiable ,but it's very unlikely. Now it could've happened ,but even you'd have to admit ,it's a tough pill to swollow ,with all the fake and phoneys running around on forums these days.

What are some of the therioes and ideals of the style? What other styles influenced Say Fong Kuen? Is it offensive or defensive in nature ,is it a inclose or longrange style?

Does it focus on power like Hung Gar or more on speed like Choy Lay Fut?

These are some questions i have about Say Fong Kuen.

jeff:)

How DARE you doubt me! I am a GRANDMASTER and if you don't believe me I will have students post online to back me up! They will talk philosophy at you until you give up asking questions about my unverifiable background.

Oh...and it focuses its power internally of course.

Mike

OP
A

auxprix

:rofl:

And how 'bout x-ray vision? And Telekinesis? And laserbeams?

I'll trust your system, like all long lost MA's, has all of these features.

OP
R

RHD

auxprix said:
:rofl:

And how 'bout x-ray vision? And Telekinesis? And laserbeams?

I'll trust your system, like all long lost MA's, has all of these features.

Such horrible manners!!! Your Sifu must be very ashamed of you, if you even have one that is. Didn't you learn any respect in your training? Gosh darn it all I am a GRANDMASTER! There is no reason to doubt my training or the truth of my system. There are no laser beams in Say Fong Kuen, it is the art of spontaneous movement as I...the GRANDMASTER...sees fit.

Mike

OP
R

RHD

KenpoTess said:
*BLINKS*
Have I walked into an Anime thingy?

Let's keep it 'Real' Guys .. ;)

~Tess
-MT S. Mod-

It's real unless you can prove that it isn't. Care to take a stab at it? Until then I say that I'm the GRANDMASTER of Say Fong Kuen, and I'm here to answer questions about the system...Just don't expect any answers with substance.

Mike

OP
G

Gary Crawford

O.K.,you say your style has "spontanious movement".Could you explain that peticular concept to me?

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Gary Crawford said:
O.K.,you say your style has "spontanious movement".Could you explain that peticular concept to me?
"spontanious" movement...as in a combustable manner?!
icon10.gif

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
If only this great style had its own web site replete with the guy doing various martial-arty poses while cupping photoshop lens flare effects in his hands....

OP
R

RHD

KenpoTess said:
Mod Note

Thread moved to Horror Stories as we all need a good laugh..or cry..

~Tess
-MT S. Mod-

I don't understand?!!!! My credentials are no worse than those presented in the Yee Chuan Tao thread in the Chinese Martial Arts section...How come that thread wasn't moved here too. I refuse to answer any questions about the style that I am GRANDMASTER of until this forum treats me with due respect.

Mike

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I could feel my chi increasing as I read your post. Please allow me to send you three easy payments of 39.95. I want to feel the spirit of the dragon. I know soon that I will be able to have steel swords bent against my chest, and women will find me irresistable. If you do not reply, I will be forced to order from the back pages of Black Belt magazine.

OP
R

RHD

lonecoyote said:
I could feel my chi increasing as I read your post. Please allow me to send you three easy payments of 39.95. I want to feel the spirit of the dragon. I know soon that I will be able to have steel swords bent against my chest, and women will find me irresistable. If you do not reply, I will be forced to order from the back pages of Black Belt magazine.

More disrespect!!! Everyone on this forum should hang thier heads in shame for allowing such blatant disrespect for a GRANDMASTER and his ancient martial art. This is no joke! Say Fong Kuen is a secretive and ancient martial art passed on from master to stuent for thousands of years. Just becasue you've never heard of it and there's no way to verify the existence of this system and my background doesn't mean its not true. By the way, did I mention I'm qualified to teach in at least 11 other styles of martial arts, maybe more? Right after I became GRANDMASTER of Say Fong Kuen, I went to work learning other arts so that I could blend them into my art of spontanious movement.

Mike

OP
G

Gary Crawford

I have not shown you any disrespect,so,please answer my question.

OP
R

RHD

Gary Crawford said:
I have not shown you any disrespect,so,please answer my question.

Mr. Crawford, please check your PM.

Mike

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think Say Fong Kuen is a great idea. I would like to purchase the title of "master" . I have about $20. From this point forward, and I'm not kidding, I'm going to tell anyone who asks me what styles I've studied or what rank I am that I study Say Fong Kuen. Then I will stare off into the distance with a romantic, faraway look. If asked to demonstrate I will do the craziest made up form I can think of it will look kind of like Paulie Zink mixed in a blender with Elvis stage moves and Bruce Lee noises. I know that all this started, RHD, as a commentary about another thread. But Say Fong Kuen has taken on a life of its own. We could make up animal forms, like cockroach and drunken squirrel. We'll do them once and forget them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions